This position is responsible for kitchen staff management, food preparation, food safety, quality and presentation at Houlihan’s Restaurant + Bar in downtown Hershey PA.
Job Functions (Items marked with an asterisk are essential functions of this position):
- Supervise food preparation, sanitation, and safety in the kitchen.*
- Assist with interviewing, training, scheduling, counseling and motivating kitchen staff.*
- Drive menu development and maintain updated costing.*
- Analyzing recipes and plate presentation.*
- Ordering food and requisitioning supplies.*
- Control food inventory levels and food and labor costs.*
- Maintaining equipment in good working order and submit regular service repair and requests.*
- Strong communication skills with the hourly and management staff and clear lines of communication with the Chef at all times i.e. food issues/shorts or subs, new employees, shift concerns from the night before etc.
- Minimum of 3 years of related experience.
- Industry Experience – Working experience as a line cook in a la carte, banquet, free standing restaurant, hotel and/or resort atmosphere
- 18 years of age or older.
- Must have a valid Drivers' License
- Completion of high school or GED
- Associate’s degree – Culinary Arts
- Knowledge of POS and automated payroll systems
- High volume, banquet or casual dinning
- Skilled in the use of Microsoft Office applications, including Excel and Word.
Physical Demands & Working Conditions
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to:
- Reaching Forward Frequent (34-66%)
- Climbing Stairs Frequent (34-66%) (ft maximum height)
- Lifting Constant (>67%) (50lbs maximum weight)
- Reaching Overhead Frequent (34-66%)
- Finger Dexterity Frequent (34-66%)
- Hand/Eye Coordination Frequent (34-66%)
- Stooping Frequent (34-66%)
- Bending Constant (>67%)
- Standing Constant (>67%)
- Walking Constant (>67%)
- This job regularly requires verbal communication of detailed information to others either by phone or in person.
- Must be able to speak and read the English language.
- The position is subject to environmental conditions. Protection from weather conditions but not necessarily from temperature changes.
- Schedule will vary according to operating needs, but will include days, evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- 40-50 hour work week
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Hershey Entertainment & Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer