This position is responsible for booking and managing all groups exceeding 10 guests at Devon Seafood and Steak, Houlihan's and the Chocolatier as well as assists the Senior Manager in the overall day-to-day operations.
Job Functions (Items marked with an asterisk are essential functions of this position):
- Ensure quality guest service standards are adhered to at all times for banquets, meetings, and dinners. Ensure that all pre and post-service line ups are executed daily.*
- Coordinate all special events taking place in the restaurant. Book all private events and groups that exceed 10 guests. Create and negotiate group events, including handling Banquet Event Orders (BEOs), pricing, packages, equipment and room rentals, etc.*
- Collaborate with the Assistant General Manager and Executive Chef to create special offers and promotions. Assist with Marketing plans to promote events.*
- Assist Senior Manager by providing hands-on leadership on the floor through monitoring service and guest satisfaction, responding to customer concerns, and ensuring the correct flow of service in the restaurant and operations.*
- Communicate with employees, managers, and department heads across the restaurant through listening sessions, start-stop-continue discussions, and taking action.*
- Assist managers with departmental needs including interviewing, hiring, scheduling, training, sanitation, and feedback on any gaps they are experiencing. Train and coach front of house service staff and set-up.*
- Forecast revenue and expenses. Monitor and control labor and supply costs in order to optimize profit and adhere to budgets.*
- Manage BirchStreet system through ordering, creating blanket Purchase Orders, entering invoices, ensuring payments are processed, and submitting capital projects.*
- Maintain health, safety, sanitation, and responsible alcohol serving standards.*
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 3 years of related experience.
- Industry Experience – Food & Beverage
- Industry Experience – Hospitality/Tourism
- 18 years of age or older.
- Completion of high school or GED
- Skilled in the use of Microsoft Office applications, including Excel and Word.
- Proficient working with details on a daily basis for prolonged periods of time.
- Effective organization, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Embody the HE&R core values (Devoted to the Legacy, Selfless Spirit of Service, Team Focused, and Respectful of Others).
- Post-Employment – Must obtain ServSafe and RAMP certification as a condition of continued employment and be able to maintain throughout employment.
Physical Demands & Working Conditions
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to:
- Reaching Forward Occasional (<33%)
- Bending Occasional (<33%)
- Sitting Frequent (34-66%)
- Standing Frequent (34-66%)
- Walking Frequent (34-66%)
- This job regularly requires verbal communication of detailed information to others either by phone or in person.
- Must be able to speak and read the English language.
- The position is subject to both environmental conditions. Activities occur inside and outside.
- The schedule for this position is based on operational need and will include days, evenings, weekends, and holidays.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Hershey Entertainment & Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer