The Manager of F&B and Recreation is responsible for the training, scheduling, and operational oversight of the Hogan Grill, beverage programs, banquets, lifeguards, and F&B for golf course, pool, and tennis operations.
This position may provide care, supervision, guidance, or control of children or may have regular, ongoing contact with children that is integral to the responsibilities of the position. As a result, in accordance with Pennsylvania's Child Protective Services Law, newly hired candidates are required to obtain the following clearances: a report of criminal history from the Pennsylvania State Police (PSP), Child Abuse History Clearance from the Department of Human Services (Child Abuse), and Fingerprint-based federal criminal history submitted through the Pennsylvania State Police or its authorized agent (FBI). Completed clearances are required to be submitted prior to starting employment.
Job Functions (Items marked with an asterisk are essential functions of this position):
- Oversee daily operations of the Hogan Grill and provide hands-on leadership on the floor through assisting with catering, monitoring service and guest satisfaction, responding to customer concerns, ensuring the correct preparation and flow of service is maintained, etc.*
- Oversee the beverage program and golf course F&B operations through assisting with menu development, assisting front of house staff and food service as needed, enforcing sanitary practices for food handling and general cleanliness in order to maintain safety, health, and sanitation standards, and making recommendations for improvements, etc.*
- Complete administrative preparation for trainings and operational needs, including scheduling and staffing for all areas of F&B and recreation at the club.*
- Prepare materials and other resources to ensure the appropriate, timely, and thorough training for all positions, including coordinating and implementing lifeguard trainings.*
- Support poolside concessions, lifeguards, and both pool and tennis operations by assisting with preparation, lifeguarding, food running, and other duties on the floor as needed. Resolve and follow up on any complaints to ensure resolutions effectively meet member/guest needs and service expectation standards.*
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 2 years of related experience.
- Industry Experience – Food & Beverage
- Minimum of 1 year supervisory experience.
- 18 years of age or older.
- Skilled in the use of Microsoft Office applications, including Excel and Word.
- Skilled multi-tasker with strong time management skills.
- Post-Employment – RAMP, ServSafe, and Ellis Lifeguard Certification
- Associate’s degree – Preferred
- Proficient working with details on a daily basis for prolonged periods of time.
Physical Demands & Working Conditions
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to:
- Reaching Forward Occasional (<33%)
- Climbing Stairs Occasional (<33%) (12ft maximum height)
- Lifting Occasional (<33%) (50lbs maximum weight)
- Reaching Overhead Occasional (<33%)
- Bending Occasional (<33%)
- Sitting Occasional (<33%)
- Standing Frequent (34-66%)
- Walking Frequent (34-66%)
- This job requires a good sense of vision (either corrected or uncorrected). Visual ability to operate moving equipment such as a car, truck, golf carts, etc.
- This job regularly requires verbal communication of detailed information to others either by phone or in person.
- Must be able to speak and read the English language.
- The position is subject to environmental conditions. Protection from weather conditions but not necessarily from temperature changes.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Hershey Entertainment & Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer