The recreation coordinator at the Hersheypark Camping Resort is responsible for creating and hosting children and family activities. The recreation coordinator must be organized, has a positive attitude and is good with children of all ages.
This is a part time seasonal position beginning mid-May and ending mid-September. Working hours will vary but will include mornings, mid-shifts and evenings. Applicants must be willing to work weekdays, weekends & holidays.
This position may provide care, supervision, guidance, or control of children or may have regular, ongoing contact with children that is integral to the responsibilities of the position. As a result, in accordance with Pennsylvania's Child Protective Services Law, newly hired candidates are required to obtain the following clearances: a report of criminal history from the Pennsylvania State Police (PSP), Child Abuse History Clearance from the Department of Human Services (Child Abuse), and Fingerprint-based federal criminal history submitted through the Pennsylvania State Police or its authorized agent (FBI). Completed clearances are required to be submitted prior to starting employment.
- Planning, promoting and conducting all activities and events such as children & family games, campfire socials, crafts etc.
- Conduct activities with a smile, enthusiasm and professionalism
- Maintain all work areas so they are organized, neat and clean
- Maintaining and issuing recreational equipment and facilities
- Assisting other departments as necessary and other duties as assigned
- Collect fees that are associated with events
- Other job duties as assigned by supervisor or manager
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must have a valid driver's license
- Professional people skills and personable interaction with individuals of all ages
- Child care and customer service experience a plus
- Professional image representative of property image
- Ability to multitask
- Physical requirements include complete mobility and good physical conditioning, good hearing and vision, and ability to tolerate heat and adverse weather conditions
- Must be able to stand, sit, squat and lift up to 15 lbs
- Schedule varies according to operational needs, shifts will range between 9AM to 11PM, including evenings, weekends, and holidays
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Hershey Entertainment & Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer