This position is responsible for coordinating Guest Experience operations and training in order to provide greater continuity of service at Hersheypark Complex Guest Experience operations. This position will also serve as MOD for a significant amount of shifts. This position participates across the department for department duty shifts.
Job Functions (Items marked with an asterisk are essential functions of this position):
- Develop and coordinate Guest Experience operations and training for Hersheypark, ZooAmerica, and Sweet Lights.*
- Create, develop and provide training for all Hersheypark employees on programs and initiatives such as Season Passes, Up Sell Programs, new initiatives and attractions, and general guest enhancements.*
- Serve as Manager on Duty and respond to emergency situations as needed or expected. Make consistent decisions on resolving guest concerns.*
- Assist with guest recovery by maintaining a presence at the park and handling escalated issues.*
- Track and identify trends in guest behavior, satisfaction, concerns, and complaints, in order to
further enhance training focus. Propose ideas to Manager, Guest Experience.*
- Monitor labor and expenses with organizational audit standards to secure all company assets.*
- Act as the department liaison with both the Ticketing (Setup and Support) and ZooAmerica departments.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 2 years of Amusement Park, Hospitality/Tourism AND/OR related experience.
- Minimum of 1 year supervisory experience.
- 18 years of age or older.
- Skilled in the use of Microsoft Office applications, Google Suite, and Windows.
- Proficient working with details on a daily basis for prolonged periods of time.
- Must be knowledgeable of ticketing systems.
- Must have a valid Drivers' License
- Bachelor’s degree
- Relevant work experience can be substituted for education – 3 years
Physical Demands & Working Conditions
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to:
- Climbing Ladders Occasional (<33%)
- Reaching Forward Frequent (34-66%)
- Climbing Stairs Occasional (<33%) (20ft maximum height)
- Lifting Occasional (<33%) (20lbs maximum weight)
- Reaching Overhead Occasional (<33%)
- Finger Dexterity Frequent (34-66%)
- Hand/Eye Coordination Frequent (34-66%)
- Stooping Occasional (<33%)
- Bending Occasional (<33%)
- Sitting Frequent (34-66%)
- Standing Frequent (34-66%)
- Walking Frequent (34-66%)
- This job requires a good sense of vision (either corrected or uncorrected). Visual ability to operate moving equipment such as a car, truck, golf carts, etc.
- This job requires the visual ability to view work at distances of approximately 5 feet (operation and adjustment of machinery).
- This job regularly requires verbal communication of detailed information to others either by phone or in person.
- Must be able to speak and read the English language.
- Substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers (Repetitive motion).
- The position is subject to atmospheric conditions. One or more of the following conditions that affect the respiratory system of the skin: fumes, odors, dust, mists, gases, or poor ventilation.
- The position is subject to hazards. Includes a variety of physical conditions, such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, moving vehicles, electrical current, working on scaffolding and high places, exposure to high heat or exposure to chemicals.
- The position is subject to noise. There is sufficient noise to cause the worker to shout in order to be heard above ambient noise level.
- The position is subject to extreme heat. Temperatures above 100° for periods of more than one hour. Consideration should be given to the effect of other environmental conditions, such as wind and humidity.
- The position is subject to extreme cold. Temperatures typically below 32° for periods of more than one hour. Consideration should be given to the effect of other environmental conditions, such as wind and humidity.
- The position is subject to both environmental conditions. Activities occur inside and outside.
- The position is subject to outside environmental conditions. No effective protection from the weather.
- The position is subject to environmental conditions. Protection from weather conditions but not necessarily from temperature changes.
- Work shifts may involve long hours, depending upon operational schedules and demands of job responsibilities. Must be able to work flexible schedule, including weekends and holidays, based on the operational needs.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Hershey Entertainment & Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer