As a Dark Nights Attendant you will ensure our guests are safe and having fun throughout their experience at a Dark Nights attraction. Dark Nights attendants will have opportunities to join the Hersheypark® Attractions team year round after 2022 Halloween operating season is over.
Dark Nights™ is a frightfully immersive haunt experience that spreads its shadows over the Hersheypark® landscape every evening, including four horrifying haunted houses.
Dark Night attendants may be required to do one or all of the following tasks depending on attraction assignment:
- Maintains safety through addressing safety concerns and enforcing rules in attraction queues, haunted houses, and scare zones
- Ensure efficient and consistent guest movement throughout haunted houses. Assist guests who may become frightened or disoriented while inside of the attraction by directing them to the closest exit
- Assist in maintaining overall safety of all guests, co-workers, and performers within the attraction
- Assists supervisors, fellow attendants, and guests with standard operational procedures, including providing direction during emergency situations
- Provide excellent customer service to the guests of Hersheypark® through greeting guests and answering questions related to the attraction
- Comprehend written and verbal instructions, retain information, and consistently enforce all attraction safety, park, and departmental policies including, but not limited to: enforcing the attraction rules and following all safety procedures
- Communicate via radio, phone devices, and verbally for the purposes of communicating emergency situations with guest and team members
- Keep a safe and clean work area
- Other job duties as assigned
- Must be friendly, upbeat, and work well with other employees and be able to interact with our guests in a fast pace environment
- Must be able to work in dark, tight spaces that have multiple different sensory elements, including: lighting effects, loud noises, artificial scents, and fog elements.
- Must be able to handle stressful working conditions and accept a high degree of accountability
- Must have reliable transportation to and from work for your scheduled shifts
- Complete basic math without use of a calculator
- Must be able to speak, write, and understand English
- Must have the ability to safeguard confidential information
- Must display a positive attitude, eagerness to learn, and professional image in compliance with the Hershey Entertainment & Resorts guidelines
- Must be able to work weekends throughout September and October and attend any associated training required for position
- Must be able to work flexible hours and shifts, including afternoons and evenings
- Employees are subject to a variety of weather conditions, including but not limited to: extreme heat, sun exposure, cold, and inclement weather. Work varies between indoors and outdoors based on assigned position
- Physical requirements would include ability to stand (for up to 6 hours at a time), walk, bend at the waist and knees and have repeated manual dexterity, and the ability to push, pull, and reach above shoulder level
- May require lifting up to 35 pounds without assistance on a regular basis
*Candidates offered Attraction / Dark Nights Attendant / Lifeguard positions will be required to complete pre-employment drug testing.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Hershey Entertainment & Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer