Applicants should demonstrate increased skill development, training capability and time management skills.
- Perform all duties as assigned by Executive Chef and Sous Chefs as needed
- Maintain safe, clean and sanitized work areas
- Comply with safety and security procedures outlined in the employee handbook
- Adhere to policies of the Hershey Entertainment Complex
- Responsible for preparing all food items according to prep sheets and standardized recipes with speed and consistency of quality, using safe food handling procedures
- Assist utility personnel to maintain cleanliness of the dish room and pot washing areas
- Wash and sanitize all kitchen equipment including, but not limited to: fryers, grill, tilt skillet, smokers, worktables, sinks, dishwasher, pots, pans, dishes and utensils
- Sweep and mop kitchen floor as needed
- Remove all trash and break down boxes as needed
- Assist the warehouse runner to properly receive and store all food, non-food and cleaning related items, while maintaining a clean and orderly operation
- Deliver prepared items to assigned areas as needed
- Must be a minimum of 16 years of age
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision
- Ability to follow directions from direct supervisors and Chefs
- Must follow appropriate standards for food preparation.
- Must be able to project a positive, self-motivated, professional attitudes at all times
- Must be able to read and write and understand English
- Follows appropriate standards for food preparation
- Willingness to learn
- Must be able to follow Standardized Recipe and safe food practices
- Must be able to work at multiple locations within the Hershey Entertainment Complex
- Versed in standardized food storage skills (rotations, labeling, cooling temperatures, etc.)
- Be mindful of ingredient cost when preparing recipes
- Must be able to do physical work and lift a minimum of 35 lbs.
- Must wear approved uniform and footwear
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Hershey Entertainment and Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer