"For internal applicants, the internal posting period for this position is 06/21/2022 through 06/28/2022."
This position is the second level in a professional kitchen. The culinarian should have advance knowledge, understanding and application of knife skills and cooking techniques. This position must have basic understanding and knowledge of inventory control, requisitions, and par levels. The Cook IV must be able to assist in the direction, and training of General Cooks in daily task. The Cook IV should be able to work all line stations of assigned meal period plus have solid knowledge of other shift stations assignments and have basic understanding of other cooking areas. The Cook IV needs to possess a positive attitude with a professional appearance and demeanor.
- Produce consistent food products while following recipes with reduced supervision and direction from the chef's, while maintaining quality standards.
- Exhibit an advanced knowledge, understanding and application of knife skills and cooking techniques.
- Identify and safely use all kitchen equipment.
- Properly label, date and rotate all products to ensure safe keeping and sanitation.
- Maintain an organized, clean and sanitary station/work area in accordance with Health Department/ServSafe standards.
- Assist, train and direct culinary interns, general cooks and cook IV's in daily tasks.
- Able to work all stations in your designated shift to include but not limited to Garde Manager, A la Carte Hot Line, Banquets, etc.
- Basic understanding and knowledge of inventory control, requisitions, and par levels.
- Performs other job related duties as required, to include nightly food requisitions from the butcher/storeroom and prep lists, etc.
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Minimum of 4 years culinary experience OR a degree or certificate from a Culinary Institution plus 2 years culinary experience
- Knowledgeable of kitchen equipment, good knife skills, and possess a full tool kit.
- Knowledgeable of weights and measures, as well as basic math applications.
- Must be able to assist, train and direct culinary interns, General Cooks and Cook IV's in daily tasks.
- Proficient in speaking, reading, and writing in English.
- Proficient with a minimum of two cuisines. Examples may include but not limited to Asian, Italian, Classical, New American, and Mexican.
- Complete a mystery basket cooking test to include 4 courses in 4 hours.
- Complete a 25 question written cooking exam, covering modern fundamentals and classic cooking techniques with a score of 80%.
- Must obtain ServSafe certification.
Physical Demands & Working Condition:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to:
- Reaching Forward Constant (>67%)
- Lifting Frequent (34-66%) (50lbs maximum weight)
- Reaching Overhead Occasional (<33%)
- Finger Dexterity Constant (>67%)
- Hand/Eye Coordination Constant (>67%)
- Stooping Occasional (<33%)
- Bending Occasional (<33%)
- Standing Constant (>67%)
- Walking Frequent (34-66%)
- Additional physical requirements include repetitive elbow motions for chopping, repetitive write motions for stirring and chopping.
- Must have ability of taste buds to distinguish between and among flavors, spices, temperature, and mouth feel (smoothness, pungency, etc.) of food, and beverage.
- Must have ability of olfactory nerves to distinguish between and among odors and scents as to their appeal and level of intensity.
- Must be able to work in extreme temperatures.
- This is a union position and the work schedule will be based on union seniority. Candidates must be able to meet scheduled requirements, which will most likely require evening and weekend hours.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Hershey Entertainment & Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer