This position is responsible for leading a team of resorts sales managers and support staff in order to generate group revenue for Hershey Resorts, including the Hershey Lodge, The Hotel Hershey and Hershey Country Club.
This person will report to the Managing Director, Resorts Sales & Revenue Management.
Job Functions (Items marked with an asterisk are essential functions of this position):
- Lead resorts sales team to develop their markets; find creative ways to develop revenue channels; effectively motivate and challenge sales team to achieve and exceed sales goals.*
- Develop and implement effective group sales strategies to guide resorts sales managers in growing group revenue within their assigned territory.*
- Establish and maintain effective processes, requirements, and procedures that contribute to successful revenue generation. Ensure leads and inquiries are followed-up on promptly and effectively.*
- Conduct daily resorts sales efforts for assigned territory/market segment. Effectively manage sales territory in order to build and maintain long-term customer relationships.*
- Partner with director of resorts revenue management to develop effective group pricing rates and yield policy that achieves department revenue goals while remaining sensitive to industry competition and dynamics.*
- Monitor and evaluate market segmentation analysis and booking trends. Ensure proper market/segment coverage by each resorts sales team member.*
- Manage inventory of available meeting space and guest rooms in order to maximize sales. Effectively allocate available resources to generate revenue. Implement company strategy for the effective allocation of guest room resources to maximize revenue.*
- Plan and organize resorts FAMs, sales initiatives, and other lead generating events/exercises in order to generate business growth. Identify and grow target markets and effective sales channels to align with company goals.*
- Contribute to resorts strategic sales plan in order to sustain success of sales efforts and continuously grow business past previous sales goals. Assist in development of commission and incentive structures.*
- Review and approve sales contracts and proposals of sales managers. Provide support and guidance to ensure resorts sales team achieves goals.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 5 years of related experience
- Industry Experience – Hotels & Resorts
- Minimum of 3 years of supervisory experience
- Bachelor’s degree is required, however 9 years of relevant experience can be substituted for a Bachelor's
- Must have a valid Drivers' License
- Skilled in the use of Microsoft Office applications, including Excel and Word.
Physical Demands & Working Conditions
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to:
- Hand/Eye Coordination Occasional (<33%)
- Sitting Constant (>67%)
- This job requires minimal visual requirements. Able to distinguish unlike items, detect motion, and distinguish color.
- This job requires a good sense of vision (either corrected or uncorrected). Visual ability to operate moving equipment such as a car, truck, golf carts, etc.
- This job requires the visual ability to view work at distances of approximately 5 feet (operation and adjustment of machinery).
- This job requires the visual ability to perform detailed work at close distances (computer screens, accounting ledgers, using measurement devices).
- This job regularly requires verbal communication of detailed information to others either by phone or in person.
- Must be able to speak and read the English language.
- Substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers (Repetitive motion).
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Hershey Entertainment & Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer