This position supervises and coordinates the daily operations of the Housekeeping Department.
Job Functions (Items marked with an asterisk are essential functions of this position):
- Perform routine quality inspections of all Hotel public areas and guest rooms to ensure departmental standards and performance standards are met. Focus on our Perfect Room Program including a weekly walk thru.*
- Respond to guest questions and concerns. Resolve complaints in order to maintain guest satisfaction.*
- Assist with the creation and implementation of systems for inspecting and managing the quality of housekeeping services. Ensure consistently high standards in all areas of Housekeeping.*
- Assist with hiring, training, and providing career development for housekeeping staff. Conduct performance evaluations and provide feedback to employees. Manage staff performance to ensure it is in line with the Forbes standards.*
- Maintain good communication and working relationships with the Front Desk and Engineering. Effectively connect housekeeping staff to other Hotel departments to provide resolutions to issues.*
- Assist with the morning line ups, quarterly department meetings, team building activities, and extended learning opportunities.*
- Order and receive supplies to maintain appropriate inventory levels of cleaning supplies for Hotel operations.
- Assume functions of a Housekeeper as necessary. Clean Hotel guest rooms and public spaces.*
- Perform other duties as assigned, including Manager on Duty rotation.
- Minimum of 3 years of Hospitality/Tourism OR related experience.
- Minimum of 1 year supervisory experience.
- 18 years of age or older.
- Associate’s degree – Hotel Restaurant Management
- Relevant work experience can be substituted for education – 5 years.
- Skilled in the use of Microsoft Office applications, including Excel and Word.
Physical Demands & Working Conditions
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to:
- Reaching Forward Frequent (34-66%)
- Climbing Stairs Frequent (34-66%) (8ft maximum height)
- Lifting Frequent (34-66%) (25lbs maximum weight)
- Reaching Overhead Frequent (34-66%)
- Finger Dexterity Occasional (<33%)
- Hand/Eye Coordination Frequent (34-66%)
- Stooping Occasional (<33%)
- Bending Frequent (34-66%)
- Sitting Occasional (<33%)
- Standing Frequent (34-66%)
- Walking Constant (>67%)
- This job requires a good sense of vision (either corrected or uncorrected). Visual ability to operate moving equipment such as a car, truck, golf carts, etc.
- This job requires the visual ability to perform detailed work at close distances (computer screens, accounting ledgers, using measurement devices).
- This job regularly requires verbal communication of detailed information to others either by phone or in person.
- Must be able to speak and read the English language.
- Substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers (Repetitive motion).
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Hershey Entertainment & Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer