This position is responsible for the day to day operation of The Circular in the Hotel Hershey. They are responsible for ensuring all service standards and quality expectations are met. They are expected to maintain a visible presence during service and to communicate with the kitchen on all guest issues and service issues. They are expected to assist with training, mentoring, and motivating staff, as well disciplining when necessary.
Job Functions (Items marked with an asterisk are essential functions of this position):
- Provide hands on leadership on the floor, monitoring service, guest satisfaction, and the correct flow of service in the restaurant.*
- Interview, hire, train, schedule, and motivate staff. Ensure staff is knowledgeable about all products available to our guests and can effectively sell them.*
- Conduct effective daily pre-shift line ups and provide staff with relevant information that will best allow them to deliver the best possible experience to our guests.*
- Assist the restaurant manager with forecasting, scheduling, and controlling labor and expenses while ensuring a safe and sanitary work environment*
- Ensure that the staff is being provided with the necessary tools that will help them succeed in delivering excellent service to our guests within the parameters of the budget.*
- Complete all payroll and revenue reports as required on their shift*
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 3 years of related experience.
- Industry Experience – Food & Beverage
- Minimum of 1 year supervisory experience.
- Post-Employment – ServSafe and RAMP
- Completion of high school or GED
- Skilled in the use of Microsoft Office applications, including Excel and Word.
- Proficient working with details on a daily basis for prolonged periods of time.
Physical Demands & Working Conditions
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to:
- Reaching Forward Occasional (<33%)
- Climbing Stairs Occasional (<33%) (20ft maximum height)
- Lifting Occasional (<33%) (30lbs maximum weight)
- Reaching Overhead Occasional (<33%)
- Finger Dexterity Occasional (<33%)
- Hand/Eye Coordination Occasional (<33%)
- Stooping Occasional (<33%)
- Bending Frequent (34-66%)
- Sitting Occasional (<33%)
- Standing Constant (>67%)
- Walking Constant (>67%)
- This job requires the visual ability to perform detailed work at close distances (computer screens, accounting ledgers, using measurement devices).
- This job regularly requires verbal communication of detailed information to others either by phone or in person.
- Must be able to speak and read the English language.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Hershey Entertainment & Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer