This position is responsible for supporting the daily operation of the Hersheypark Camping Resort front office to include but not limited to checking in and checking out guests, reservations in Resort Suite, financial reconciliation of daily receipts and guest resolutions. This position reports to the Manager, Front Office and is located at the Hersheypark Camping Resort.
This position is responsible for the direct supervision of Office Clerks.
Candidates should be guest-focused.. This position requires a high level of written and verbal communication skills and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment with rapidly changing information and tasks. The ideal candidate has the skills to provide exceptional service and the ability to coach & train others.
- Responsible for the direct supervision of all Office Clerks, coaching, training & development
- Greeting guests at the front counter, including assisting with check in/check out, answering guest’s questions and completing reservations.
- Participates in Roadside check in
- Process closing reports in accordance with HE&R standards
- Process cash and credit card transactions in accordance with HE&R standards
- Maintain Office and Lobby Cleanliness
- Handle guest opportunities and offer resolutions
- Participate in campground site inspections to support visual check in/check out
- Provide exceptional customer service both in the office and during site visits
- Understand and clearly communicate policies, site/cabin rules and seasonal information pertaining to the guest stay. These topics include but are not limited to Hersheypark hours, shuttle information, rates and availability, pool hours, activities schedules, winter water shut off and any additional information that may pertain to each visit.
- Provide feedback regarding processes, guest experiences and employee training
- Maintain positive, professional and safe work environment
- Assist guest with all aspects of the game room including stocking and maintaining brochure racks
- Responsible for logging & returning guest lost & found
- Maintain after hours security binder
- Deliver after hours cabin keys
- Maintain accurate account of arrivals/departures for the day
- Communicate clearly with Housekeeping Supervisor and outside team via 2-way radio
- Promote Campers App features and benefits to guests
- Daily inspection of office golf cart in accordance with the standard golf cart usage policy
- Assist office administration and team leaders with other projects and duties as assigned.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Minimum of 1 year supervisory experience.
- Must have a valid Drivers' License
- Experience in the hospitality/tourism industry is preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment. Must be innovative and be self-motivated to complete tasks.
- Strong technical skills including keyboarding skills and PC experience
- High attention to detail and well organized.
- Must be friendly, upbeat, and work well with other employees and be able to interact with guests
- Must embody Hershey Entertainment & Resorts core values (Devoted to the Legacy, Selfless Spirit of Service, Team Focused, Respectful of Others)
Physical Demands & Working Conditions:
- Physical requirements include sitting, standing, walking, bending
- Must be able to work indoor and/or outdoor environments in various weather and temperature conditions.
- Must be able to lift 25 lbs.
- The working schedule for this position will include hours between 7:30 am and midnight, days, evenings, weekends & holidays based on operational need.
- This job requires the visual ability to perform detailed work at close distances (computer screens, accounting ledgers, using measurement devices).
- This job regularly requires verbal communication of detailed information to others either by phone or in person.
- Must be able to speak and read the English language.
- Substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers (Repetitive motion).
- The position is subject to both environmental conditions. Activities occur inside and outside.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Hershey Entertainment & Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer