This position is responsible for assisting in the management and administration of all assigned food and beverage event operations for the Hotel Banquet department, Room Service and Bell Tower Catering needs of The Hotel Hershey. This includes but is not limited to, reading Banquet Event Orders to verify needs from culinary to service with a comprehension of the specific standards warranted for the style/type of event.
Job Functions (Items marked with an asterisk are essential functions of this position):
- Conduct food service training and demonstrate proper guest-friendly service.*
- Review and understand all Banquet Event Orders. Communicate to all teams and coordinate with culinary team to ensure proper execution.*
- Supervise wait staff, set up staff, and bar area employees during banquet events.*
- Control wage and supply costs. Adjust staffing levels during events and ensure supplies are not wasted.*
- Maintain health, safety, and sanitation standards for assigned areas. Maintain guest service and hospitality standards.*
- Oversee coffee breaks and coordinate room service shifts to ensure proper service. Ensure orders are taken and delivered on time and accurately in accordance with Forbes Standards. Edit and revise schedules to keep up with demand.*
- Assist in deliveries to Cottages and transport staff and supplies to off-site or on-site events, as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 1 years of related experience.
- Industry Experience – Hospitality/Tourism
- Industry Experience – Food & Beverage
- 18 years of age or older.
- Post-Employment – ServSafe
- Post-Employment – RAMP
- Must have a valid Drivers' License
- Completion of high school or GED
- Prior experience in employee food service training.
- Must possess organizational, problem solving and guest/ employee relations skills.
- Professional image representative of property image.
- Computer experience and proficient in Word, Delphi and knowledge of POS helpful.
- Ability to model hotel’s standards, policies and procedures.
- Ability to discuss food and beverage knowledgeably.
- Ability to be a clear thinker in pressure situations and exercise good judgment.
- Ability to focus attention on details.
Physical Demands & Working Conditions
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to:
- Reaching Forward Frequent (34-66%)
- Climbing Stairs Frequent (34-66%) (ft maximum height)
- Lifting Frequent (34-66%) (35lbs maximum weight)
- Reaching Overhead Frequent (34-66%)
- Finger Dexterity Frequent (34-66%)
- Hand/Eye Coordination Frequent (34-66%)
- Stooping Frequent (34-66%)
- Bending Frequent (34-66%)
- Sitting Occasional (<33%)
- Standing Constant (>67%)
- Walking Frequent (34-66%)
- This job requires the visual ability to perform detailed work at close distances (computer screens, accounting ledgers, using measurement devices).
- Must be able to speak and read the English language.
- Substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers (Repetitive motion).
- Schedule will vary according to operating needs, but will include early mornings, late evenings, weekends, and holidays.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Hershey Entertainment & Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer