This position is responsible for supervising Front Office Operations: Front Desk and Guest Services and their full compliance with all Hershey Entertainment & Resort standard operating procedures, policies, and duties. The Assistant Front Office Manager, Front Desk/PBX is responsible for establishing and delivering an environment of excellence for employees and guests. This position is also actively engaged in guest recovery and feedback.
Job Functions (Items marked with an asterisk are essential functions of this position):
- Supervise and actively support the day-to-day service operations of front desk, night audit, PBX switchboard, and guest services.*
- Participate in hiring, onboarding, and scheduling, and identify the strengths of the team. Foster continued growth through ongoing training, coaching, evaluating, and succession development of associates.*
- Communicate directly with guests to address and resolve concerns quickly, efficiently, and courteously, seeking every opportunity to deliver on service excellence and create memorable guest experiences.*
- Use the property management system and work with the Room Control Coordinator to manage room inventory. Maximize room revenue and occupancy by working with the Front Desk Manager and Rooms Coordinator to review status daily.*
- Review and ensure compliance with Accounting/Finance standard operating procedure, audit processes, and controls: cash, check, credit, bank, and vending handling policies. Address discrepancies/variances in a timely manner with follow up to the appropriate managers/ departments.*
- Assist in overseeing and monitoring of the ticketing process including inventory, audit, and financial controls.*
- Understand and manage labor and other expenses within Budget/Forecast. Assist in the purchasing, receiving, and maintaining required department par levels of all front office supplies, tools, and equipment.*
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 3 years of Hotel/Travel/Tourism OR related experience.
- Minimum of 2 years supervisory experience.
- Associate’s degree
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to meet deadlines through effective time management and organization skills.
- Strong knowledge of computer software including Property Management Software, Microsoft Office applications, and experience using a payroll system.
- Must embody Hershey Entertainment & Resorts core value (Devoted to the Legacy, Selfless Spirit of Service, Team Focused, and Respectful of Others.)
Physical Demands & Working Conditions
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to:
- Reaching Forward Frequent (34-66%)
- Climbing Stairs Frequent (34-66%) (ft maximum height)
- Lifting Frequent (34-66%) (lbs maximum weight)
- Reaching Overhead Frequent (34-66%)
- Finger Dexterity Frequent (34-66%)
- Stooping Frequent (34-66%)
- Bending Frequent (34-66%)
- Sitting Frequent (34-66%)
- Standing Frequent (34-66%)
- Walking Frequent (34-66%)
- Schedule will vary according to operating needs and will include days, evenings, weekends, and holidays.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Hershey Entertainment & Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer