This position is responsible for managing the Accounts Receivable (AR) and Revenue accounting functions for the Company. This includes responsibility for credit review, billing, collections, and related account analysis as well as the accurate, proper and timely reconciliation, recording, and reporting of the Company’s revenue. This role is charged with elevating internal controls and optimizing the efficiency of AR and Revenue processes to include the streamlining of manual tasks, greater use of automation, and enhanced integration with other functions. Additionally, this position will lead and develop the AR and Revenue teams and support others by providing key information and reports throughout the Company.
This is a hybrid position which will require you to work in the office 3-4 days a week and based on business needs.
Job Functions (Items marked with an asterisk are essential functions of this position):
- Manage daily, weekly, and monthly AR processes, including credit, billing, and collections for the Company. Ensure adequate processes and controls are in place to provide assurance that AR is recorded and reported accurately, timely, and in accordance with accounting standards. Oversee the HE&R credit approval process and ensure compliance with the credit and collections policies.*
- Oversee the daily, weekly, and monthly reconciliation, recording and reporting of revenue for the Company. Ensure adequate processes and controls are in place to provide assurance that revenue is recorded and reported accurately, timely, and in accordance with accounting standards. Manage period-end closing responsibilities to include the preparation of journal entries, reconciliation of balance sheets, and research of revenue-related variances and inquiries.*
- Evaluate departmental Standard Operating Procedures and develop a plan for establishing/updating SOPs on an ongoing basis. Identify and administer the implementation of process improvements to optimize the efficiency of both AR and Revenue processes. Streamline manual tasks, increase automation, and enhance integration with other areas (i.e. Operations, Cash Control, Night Audit, etc.). Develop, implement and maintain accounting systems, procedures, and policies to ensure adherence to Company guidelines.*
- Lead the AR and Revenue teams. Onboard, train and evaluate staff to enhance performance, development, and work product. Ensure tasks and deliverables are accurate and timely. Implement measures to promote a team environment and foster effective communication within the team.*
- Guide AR and Revenue teams in resolving and responding to requests from both internal and external customers in a timely manner.
- Manage the company-wide credit card chargeback process, including: overseeing team’s research and timely response to disputes, implementing process improvements to reduce expense, and working with external partner(s) related to credit card fraud prevention.*
- Perform technical accounting research as well as document positions and processes to comply with US GAAP accounting standards related to the AR and revenue functions.
- Prepare ad-hoc analyses and provide general accounting support to the Finance and Accounting team as needed.
- 18 years of age or older.
- Minimum of 5 years of related experience.
- Minimum of 1 year supervisory experience.
- Bachelor’s degree – Accounting, Financial Management or related
- Must have a valid Drivers' License
- Skilled in the use of Microsoft Office applications, including Excel and Word.
- Demonstrated analytical skills. Detail oriented with high level of accuracy.
- Industry Experience – Hospitality/Tourism (preferred)
- Proficient working with details on a daily basis for prolonged periods of time.
- Active Pennsylvania CPA License – Preferred
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Demonstrated ability to work in a dynamic, fast paced environment and effectively manage multiple priorities and competing deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including oral and written communication skills.
- Customer focus.
- Must embody HE&R Core Values (Devoted to the Legacy, Selfless Spirit of Service, Team Focused, Respectful of Others).
Physical Demands & Working Conditions
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to:
- Finger Dexterity Constant (>67%)
- Hand/Eye Coordination Frequent (34-66%)
- Stooping Occasional (<33%)
- Bending Occasional (<33%)
- Sitting Constant (>67%)
- Standing Occasional (<33%)
- Walking Occasional (<33%)
- This job requires the visual ability to perform detailed work at close distances (computer screens, accounting ledgers, using measurement devices).
- This job regularly requires verbal communication of detailed information to others either by phone or in person.
- Must be able to speak and read the English language.
- Substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers (Repetitive motion).
- The work schedule for this position may require the ability to work a flexible schedule according to operational needs.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Hershey Entertainment & Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer