This role supports a variety of duties and initiatives on the Communications team across traditional media relations and social media initiatives. This role will focus on the Resorts division of HE&R (hotels, spas and dining) and the destination of Hershey, PA in terms of media pitching support, event management, mining for story ideas and media targets, as well as social media content development, monitoring and monthly reporting. The role will also promote destination media relations, social media content creation and social media monitoring as time allows, working closely with each brand team across Entertainment Complex. This role is also responsible for general monitoring and tracking of destination stories and serves as a regular contributor to the Hershey, PA Story Hub.
Job Functions (Items marked with an asterisk are essential functions of this position):
- Serve as primary support to Resorts Communications Specialist/Manager with media pitching, mining story ideas, media list development, media itineraries, etc.*
- Lead content creation, monitoring, and metrics for spa pages and support content creation, monitoring, and measurement/analytics duties for The Hotel Hershey, Hershey Lodge, and Hersheypark Camping Resort Facebook pages, and @HersheyPA Twitter handle.*
- Assist brand teams with property specific social media content and media monitoring (nights and weekends in rotation).*
- Write press materials including releases, alerts, pitches, etc.*
- Draft original articles and content for the Hershey, PA Story Hub and monthly 'Sweet Happenings' overview on Story Hub.*
- Assist with influencer relations and help coordinate blogger visits.*
- Assist with on-property broadcasts, as needed (including early morning and weekend programs).*
- Serve as media spokesperson on HE&R's behalf, when needed.*
- Become a subject matter expert for HE&R, focusing on the Resorts division.*
- Attend relevant Ops and Marketing meetings on behalf of team, as needed.*
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 1 year Sales/Marketing/Public Relations or related experience.
- 18 years of age or older.
- Must have a valid Drivers' License
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications or Journalism
- Experience in the Amusement Park, Hospitality or Travel/Tourism industry
- Skilled in the use of Microsoft Office applications, including Excel and Word.
- Must be a strong writer and eager to pitch media outlets about Hershey.
- Proficient working with details on a daily basis for prolonged periods of time.
- Must have strong working knowledge of social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram).
- Must be a strong speaker, willing and able to speak on camera and groups of varying sizes.
- Experience in travel or entertainment industry preferred, but not required.
- Must be a team player, collaborative, creative responsive, curious, and eager to learn.
- Must be an independent problem solver.
Physical Demands & Working Conditions
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to:
- Climbing Stairs Occasional (<33%) (20ft maximum height)
- Lifting Occasional (<33%) (20lbs maximum weight)
- Hand/Eye Coordination Occasional (<33%)
- Sitting Frequent (34-66%)
- Standing Occasional (<33%)
- Walking Occasional (<33%)
- This job requires a good sense of vision (either corrected or uncorrected). Visual ability to operate moving equipment such as a car, truck, golf carts, etc.
- This job requires the visual ability to view work at distances of approximately 5 feet (operation and adjustment of machinery).
- This job regularly requires verbal communication of detailed information to others either by phone or in person.
- Must be able to speak and read the English language.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Hershey Entertainment & Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer