“For internal applicants, the internal posting period for this position is 8/3/2021 through 8/10/2021.”
Assist other Carpenters throughout HERSHEYPARK, HERSHEYPARK Arena, and HERSHEYPARK Stadium.
This position participates in the post-offer employment testing program.
Carpenter Third Class may be required to do one or all of the following tasks depending on the assigned job:
- Perform daily inspections of wooden coasters
- Responsible for following all safety policies and procedures
- Assist as needed or required with any aspect of HERSHEYPARK, HERSHEYPARK Arena, and HERSHEYPARK Stadium operations
- Responsible for completing work in a timely manner
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Must have a valid Pennsylvania Driver’s License
- Three years of verifiable work experience in the Carpentry trade (Completion of trade school related training will be considered in lieu of one year of work experience.)
- Basic knowledge of shop machines and hand tools
- Basic knowledge of trade materials and carpentry procedures
- Ability to pass a written and verbal trade test
- Ability to work without constant direction and supervision
- Must be able to supply own hand tools
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs. safely
- Must have the ability to climb and work at heights in excess of 100 feet
- 20% of work will be completed in the carpentry shop, while 80% is completed onsite throughout the HERSHEY Entertainment Complex
- Able to operate special equipment such as a fork truck, dump truck, high reach, air compressor, and other related equipment
- Must be able to work in all weather conditions
- This is a Union position and the work schedule will be based on union seniority. Candidates must be able to meet scheduled requirements, which will most likely require evening and weekend hours.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Hershey Entertainment & Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer