Golf Course Turfgrass Management Interns will assist Superintendents and Assistants with all aspects of daily golf course operations. This position will offer hands-on opportunities to learn water management, pest management, irrigation scheduling and repair, scheduling daily jobs for a 36 hole operation, construction projects, reel grinding, equipment maintenance, fertilizer programs and applications, and attend committee meetings. Interns will work closely with management to develop goals for their internship and develop a plan to achieve those goals.
- This internship is available starting in the spring/summer through fall depending upon availability.
- Summer Housing: HE&R has partnered with College Town Communities to provide housing (if interested) for students accepted into the Golf Internship Program. Housing is located approximately 20 minutes from downtown Hershey (277 West Main Street Middletown, PA 17057). A weekly housing and utilities fee of $145/week will be automatically deducted from student’s paychecks. All applications will require a refundable $150 housing deposit. Additional information regarding College Town Communities may be found at https://www.offcampushousingharrisburg.com (copy/paste this web address into your web browser).
- Must be at least 18 years of age or older
- Must have a valid driver's license
- Must be enrolled in a Turf/Course management program
- Experience a plus, but will train
- Be able to operate manual transmission
- Self-motivated with strong attention to detail
- Knowledge of power equipment helpful
- Able to work a flexible schedule
- Able to lift 50 lbs
- Must be able to work unsupervised
- Able to work on feet for extended periods of time
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Hershey Entertainment & Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer