The Manager of Internal Control will help the Company accomplish its control objectives by bringing a systematic, disciplined approach to identifying, evaluating and improving the effectiveness of internal controls. This is a high visibility role with tremendous opportunity to make an impact. This role requires a self-starter with excellent problem solving skills, a keen attention to detail, the ability to work in a deadline-driven environment with ambiguous situations, and solid skills in project management. This role has regular interaction with various stakeholders and requires excellent people skills.
Job Functions (Items marked with an asterisk are essential functions of this position):
- Conduct ongoing reviews of the company’s internal controls over financial reporting and organizational assets.*
- Assess risks and evaluate the effectiveness and efficiency of internal controls.*
- Identify gaps in the internal control framework. Assist with the design and implementation of new controls to address any gaps identified.*
- Assess and re-engineer key processes to improve efficiency and effectiveness.*
- Document key internal controls and related information (risks, systems, key reports) in an internal control matrix.*
- Facilitate the quarterly certification of the internal control matrix with control owners.*
- Actively seek and apply best practices for managing internal controls.*
- Work collaboratively with process owners to address observations identified by Internal Audit. Monitor the status of these observations and assist with preparing formal status updates on a quarterly basis.*
- Develop and conduct training and be a subjective matter expert on the topic of internal controls.*
- Assist with the evaluation of the risks & controls for 3rd parties through the review and assessment of the related SOC reports.*
- Oversee compliance with the company’s End User Computing policy.*
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 7 years of related experience.
- Bachelor’s degree – Accounting
- Advanced computer skills: Microsoft Office systems and the ability to create maintain and analyze data in Excel spreadsheets.
- Must possess strong oral and written communication skills and the ability to conduct effective group meetings and presentations.
- CPA/MBA preferred.
- Solid understanding and experience with internal control frameworks.
- Strong experience and interest for how technology and systems can support internal control effectiveness and efficiency.
- Comfort with ambiguity and a willingness to work with a high degree of autonomy.
- The ability to self-motivate in a fast-paced and rapidly-changing environment with competing deadlines.
- Must embody HE&R Core Values (Devoted to the Legacy, Selfless Spirit of Service, Team Focused, and Respectful of Others).
Physical Demands & Working Conditions
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to:
- Finger Dexterity Constant (>67%)
- Sitting Constant (>67%)
- Standing Occasional (<33%)
- Walking Occasional (<33%)
- This job requires the visual ability to perform detailed work at close distances (computer screens, accounting ledgers, using measurement devices).
- Must be able to speak and read the English language.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Hershey Entertainment & Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer