The Maintenance Manager manages the upkeep and maintenance for the Hershey Lodge including guest rooms, buildings, and grounds to meet the appearance and working order standards of the property. This role will additionally support the Hershey Park Camping Resort and HCAR Cocoa Beanery properties as well as provide leadership and direct support to a team of full-time maintenance staff. This position must be willing to respond to emergencies and work with Construction Services on special remodeling projects and capital expenditure needs.
Job Functions (Items marked with an asterisk are essential functions of this position):
- Assist the Director of Maintenance with the functionality and safety of Hershey Lodge facilities including directing activities concerned with the maintenance of physical buildings and structures, public areas, guest rooms, kitchens and restaurants, convention center, Hershey’s Water Works, machinery, vehicles, exterior grounds, systems, etc.*
- Perform daily walk-through, upkeep, and inspections of all areas of the Lodge. Complete preventative maintenance and repairs and prioritize work orders to ensure that the Lodge operates at maximum efficiency and capacity.*
- Interview, train, schedule, and supervise the maintenance staff in excess of 25 personnel. Supervise and coordinate with the department foremen to delegate and manage daily work assignments and ensure efficient operation of the department.*
- Monitor and develop team member performance through supervision, professional development, conducting evaluations, and delivering recognition and reward.*
- Assist the Director of Engineering with managing the operating budget, planning and executing capital projects, and the long range work schedule for the property.*
- Maintain the company’s procurement system for ordering supplies and ensure payroll is completed in a timely and accurate manner. Approve purchase orders and keep inventory to ensure a smooth operation while also complying with budget parameters.*
- Assist with the purchasing and receiving as well as maintenance activities at the Hershey Park Camping Resort and HCAR Cocoa Beanery.*
- Adhere to all Federal and State laws, codes, and regulations to ensure active compliance and safety awareness.*
- Assist the Director of Engineering with soliciting for bids, entering CA’s into the CA database, entering contracts into the Cobblestone contract approval software, and using DocuSign to get contracts approved by management and vendors.*
- Oversee construction and installation of equipment to minimize the impact on all other Lodge departments and activities. Coordinate scheduling of work with other departments to ensure all departments are kept informed of any disruptions to operations that may occur.*
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 5 years of Construction/Maintenance OR related experience.
- Minimum of 3 years of supervisory experience.
- 18 years of age or older.
- Skilled in the use of GSuite as well as Microsoft Office applications, including Excel and Word.
- Proficient working with details on a daily basis for prolonged periods of time.
- Experienced leadership with a diverse staff, with different skill levels.
- Post-Employment – Pa Ride Inspectors License.
- Must have a valid Drivers' License.
- Completion of high school or GED.
- Industry Experience – Hospitality/Tourism.
- Knowledge of maintenance and troubleshooting abilities with skills in painting, carpentry, electrical, plumbing, HVAC, and tool usage.
- Experience managing a unionized workforce and managing a budget.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven leadership skills, ability to train, coach, and motivate employees.
- Must have a thorough knowledge of all types of mechanical equipment such as chillers, boilers, water softeners, and refrigeration equipment.
- Must have thorough knowledge of plumbing and electrical systems as well as maintenance of records of power, water, and fuel consumption.
- Post-Employment – Must obtain Forklift Certification, High Reach Certification, and Department of Agriculture Limited Ride Inspector Certification.
- Post-Employment – Willing to obtain Certified Pool Operator Certification.
Physical Demands & Working Conditions
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to:
- Climbing Ladders Occasional (<33%)
- Reaching Forward Occasional (<33%)
- Climbing Stairs Frequent (34-66%) (ft maximum height)
- Lifting Occasional (<33%) (lbs maximum weight)
- Reaching Overhead Occasional (<33%)
- Finger Dexterity Frequent (34-66%)
- Hand/Eye Coordination Occasional (<33%)
- Stooping Occasional (<33%)
- Bending Occasional (<33%)
- Sitting Occasional (<33%)
- Standing Frequent (34-66%)
- Walking Frequent (34-66%)
- This job requires a good sense of vision (either corrected or uncorrected). Visual ability to operate moving equipment such as a car, truck, golf carts, etc.
- This job requires the visual ability to view work at distances of approximately 5 feet (operation and adjustment of machinery).
- This job requires the visual ability to perform detailed work at close distances (computer screens, accounting ledgers, using measurement devices).
- This job regularly requires verbal communication of detailed information to others either by phone or in person.
- Must be able to speak and read the English language.
- Substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers (Repetitive motion).
- The position is subject to atmospheric conditions. One or more of the following conditions that affect the respiratory system of the skin: fumes, odors, dust, mists, gases, or poor ventilation.
- The position is frequently in close quarters, crawl spaces, shafts, man holes, small enclosed rooms, small sewage and line pipes, and other areas that could cause claustrophobia.
- The position is subject to hazards. Includes a variety of physical conditions, such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, moving vehicles, electrical current, working on scaffolding and high places, exposure to high heat or exposure to chemicals.
- The position is subject to noise. There is sufficient noise to cause the worker to shout in order to be heard above ambient noise level.
- The position is subject to both environmental conditions. Activities occur inside and outside.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Hershey Entertainment & Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer