This position is responsible for covering the three restaurants at the Hotel Hershey (The Circular Dining Room, Trevi 5 – Italian Grill, and Harvest, Field to Table Concept) during the absence of the assigned Sous Chef. Daily duties include maintaining food quality, and consistency. Also knowledge of menu, recipe, and daily ordering of all three restaurants.
Job Functions (Items marked with an asterisk are essential functions of this position):
- Build and maintain menu, recipe, and ingredient knowledge of all restaurants, as well as basic understanding of daily operations of Banquet, and garde manger production areas.*
- Maintain high standards of food quality, and presentation for all restaurants, banquet and garde manger areas while anticipating guest needs.*
- Lead, supervise, motivate, guide, train, counsel and discipline (when needed) culinary team members on a daily basis.*
- Resolve guest and employee concerns.
- Requisition daily food and paper supplies for all kitchen areas. Apply knowledge of protein, produces, and dry goods ordering procedures, and schedules.*
- Inspect, evaluate and correct food safety, sanitation, and work safety standards. Use a hands on approach along with coaching to ensure all food safety and sanitation standards are met.*
- Monitor compliance with company, property, and department policies, and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 3 years of Culinary/Food & Beverage experience.
- 18 years of age or older.
- Completion of high school or GED.
- Associate’s degree – Culinary Arts, Culinary Management (preferred).
- Strong knowledge, and understanding of the cooking fundamentals, with a background in either fine dining, Italian, or regional American cuisine.
- Solid communication skills.
- Understanding of food and labor cost.
- Knowledge of ordering procedures and staff scheduling procedures.
- Pre-Employment – ServSafe certification is required.
Physical Demands & Working Conditions
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to:
- Reaching Forward Frequent (34-66%)
- Climbing Stairs Occasional (<33%) (ft maximum height)
- Lifting Frequent (34-66%) (50lbs maximum weight)
- Reaching Overhead Frequent (34-66%)
- Finger Dexterity Constant (>67%)
- Hand/Eye Coordination Frequent (34-66%)
- Stooping Frequent (34-66%)
- Bending Frequent (34-66%)
- Sitting Occasional (<33%)
- Standing Constant (>67%)
- Walking Frequent (34-66%)
- This job requires the visual ability to perform detailed work at close distances (computer screens, accounting ledgers, using measurement devices).
- Must be able to speak and read the English language.
- Substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers (Repetitive motion).
- The position is subject to hazards. Includes a variety of physical conditions, such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, moving vehicles, electrical current, working on scaffolding and high places, exposure to high heat or exposure to chemicals.
- The position is subject to noise. There is sufficient noise to cause the worker to shout in order to be heard above ambient noise level.
- The position is subject to environmental conditions. Protection from weather conditions but not necessarily from temperature changes.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule, which may include evenings, mornings, weekends, and holidays.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Hershey Entertainment & Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer