This position is responsible for anticipating and providing for guests' needs in the timely service of their dining experience while delivering the Art of Hospitality with a positive and friendly attitude using their own style and personality.
Job Functions (Items marked with an asterisk are essential functions of this position):
- Take food and drink orders from customers accurately and with a positive attitude.*
- Work within the Department of Agriculture Regulations to ensure food safety is being met. Identify potential issues before they reach the customer.*
- Maintain knowledge of the food and beverage menu, in order to answer guest questions and make recommendations as needed.*
- Monitor assigned tables and check in on guests to ensure tables are enjoying their meals and take action to correct any problems.*
- Adhere to all alcohol rules and guidelines as taught by RAMP; ensure a safe and an enjoyable experience by our guests.*
- Maintain dining room cleanliness, table manicuring, and overall dining room housekeeping.*
- Engage with customers in a friendly manner while anticipating their needs.*
- Complete payment of all guest checks and finalize all financial transactions.*
- Perform side work, set up, and closing duties as assigned*
- 18 years of age or older.
- Preferred experience working in a restaurant as a host/hostess, server, server assistant
- Post-Employment – RAMP Certification
- Ability to work as part of a team to ensure positive guest experience
Physical Demands & Working Conditions
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to:
- Climbing Ladders Occasional (<33%)
- Reaching Forward Frequent (34-66%)
- Climbing Stairs Occasional (<33%) (ft maximum height)
- Lifting Frequent (34-66%) (lbs maximum weight)
- Reaching Overhead Frequent (34-66%)
- Finger Dexterity Occasional (<33%)
- Hand/Eye Coordination Occasional (<33%)
- Stooping Frequent (34-66%)
- Bending Frequent (34-66%)
- Sitting Occasional (<33%)
- Standing Constant (>67%)
- Walking Constant (>67%)
- This job requires a good sense of vision (either corrected or uncorrected). Visual ability to operate moving equipment such as a car, truck, golf carts, etc.
- This job regularly requires verbal communication of detailed information to others either by phone or in person.
- Must be able to speak and read the English language.
- Opportunity to work AM or PM schedules
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Hershey Entertainment & Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer