The purpose of the shift coordinator is to provide leadership and supervision to front of house restaurant staff and assist the assistant manager and manager in managing the Circular Restaurant at the Hotel Hershey.
Job Functions (Items marked with an asterisk are essential functions of this position):
- Act as floor supervisor for host(esses), wait staff, server assistants, and bar area employees during shift. Provide feedback and guidance to employees and modify work assignments as needed to meet shifting business needs during shift.*
- Monitor and enforce health, safety, and sanitation standards for front of house restaurant staff.*
- Maintain guest service and hospitality standards through interaction with guests and monitoring employees on the floor. Ensure proper execution of all service standards set by management. Perform table touches regularly throughout shift to collect feedback from guests.*
- Act as liaison to management; observe and report on all issues or concerns that arise day to day. Provide feedback to management so they can implement solutions.*
- Assist manager in weekly administrative work such as scheduling and timekeeping. Perform data entry and other assistance as requested. Observe management in order to learn and cross train.*
- Conduct food service and other trainings for front of house staff in order to set the example for guest-friendly service.*
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 1 year of Food & Beverage or related experience.
- 18 years of age or older.
- Able to anticipate guest needs and respond promptly
- Exercise clear judgment in pressure situations and maintain professionalism.
- Ability to model Hotel’s standards, policies, and procedures.
- Ability to work without direct supervision.
- Proven employee/guest relations, problem solving, and organizational skills.
- Post-Employment – RAMP.
- Completion of high school or GED.
- Post-Employment – ServSafe
Physical Demands & Working Conditions
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to:
- Reaching Forward Occasional (<33%)
- Lifting Occasional (<33%) (35lbs maximum weight)
- Reaching Overhead Occasional (<33%)
- Finger Dexterity Occasional (<33%)
- Hand/Eye Coordination Occasional (<33%)
- Stooping Occasional (<33%)
- Bending Occasional (<33%)
- Sitting Occasional (<33%)
- Standing Constant (>67%)
- Walking Constant (>67%)
- This job requires the visual ability to perform detailed work at close distances (computer screens, accounting ledgers, using measurement devices).
- This job regularly requires verbal communication of detailed information to others either by phone or in person.
- Must be able to speak and read the English language.
- Substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers (Repetitive motion).
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Hershey Entertainment & Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer