The Activities Attendant at The Hotel Hershey is responsible for hosting children and family activities. Also is responsible for maintaining and assisting with outdoor pool complex, outdoor sports, 18-Hole Putting Green, and The Cocoa Clubhouse program. Must be knowledgeable of all aspects of the facilities. Will direct all efforts toward guest satisfaction, the achievement and maintenance of The Hotel Hershey standards and profit maximization.
This is a part-time seasonal position. The working schedule for this position includes Monday – Sunday 8am-10:30pm, including holidays. Year round weekend hours are available September-May.
This position may provide care, supervision, guidance, or control of children or may have regular, ongoing contact with children that is integral to the responsibilities of the position. As a result, in accordance with Pennsylvania's Child Protective Services Law, newly hired candidates are required to obtain the following clearances: a report of criminal history from the Pennsylvania State Police (PSP), Child Abuse History Clearance from the Department of Human Services (Child Abuse), and Fingerprint-based federal criminal history submitted through the Pennsylvania State Police or its authorized agent (FBI). Completed clearances are required to be submitted prior to starting employment.
- Maintain all work areas so they are organized, neat and clean.
- Conduct activities with enthusiasm and professionalism.
- Conduct activities according to Standard of Operations.
- Smile and project a professional, positive attitude and appearance at all times.
- Portray a high level of maturity, responsibility, and professionalism which all employees can respect and follow.
- Wear proper uniform projecting a professional image.
- Assist with year round special event programs.
- Perform any reasonable tasks assigned by supervisor or manager.
- Assist in maintaining all outdoor recreational areas.
- Maintain open communications and positive working relationships within Recreation department and all departments within the Hotel Hershey.
- Attend scheduled department meetings.
- Maintain performance standards for areas of responsibility.
- Must be 16 years of age or older.
- Current American Red Cross CPR/AED/First Aid certifications preferred or willing to obtain.
- Professional people skills and personable interaction with individuals of all ages.
- Child care of customer service experience a plus.
- Professional image representative of property image.
- Ability to multi-task
- Follow all aspects of job safety.
- Understand that the job may require bending, stooping, and lifting of materials up to 15 pounds.
- The Recreation department functions 17 hours per day, 7 days a week, 365 days per year. All associates must realize this fact and be aware that at times it may be necessary to change an associate from their usual shift as business needs change.
- Weekend and Holiday work schedules are a part of this position.
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Hershey Entertainment & Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer