This position will greet and seat guests while coordinating guest reservations and responding to inquiries in an efficient, courteous and professional manner to achieve maximum customer satisfaction while complying with all Hershey Entertainment and Resorts policies.
This is a part time year round position. The working schedule for this position may include days, evenings, weekends & holidays based on operational needs.
Job Functions (Items marked with an asterisk are essential functions of this position):
- Seat guests promptly at a table pre-set for the number in the party and according to guest preference.*
- Set up host/hostess stand, review guest’s reservations and make recommendations as to the set-up of the room, maintain a server rotation and counts for the restaurant while recognizing the maximum workload capacity of each server in order to meet the Hotel Hershey service standards.*
- Answering telephones according to the Hotel Hershey standards and take guests reservations or provide information regarding the restaurant or any hotel service*
- Anticipate the needs of guests, respond accordingly to guest inquiries or problems, and recognize regular guests by name and utilize the guests’ name consistently.
- Inspect and maintain daily menus to ensure quality, condition appearance while developing a complete working knowledge of all menu items and daily specials.
- Comply with all Hershey Entertainment and Resorts policies.
- Work harmoniously and professionally with co-workers and supervisors.
- Ensure proper table set-up and make minor adjustments as needed.
- Complete all special projects ( menu changes, signage, etc) as instructed
- Must be at least 16 years of age.
- Customer service experience preferred
- Industry Experience – Hospitality/Tourism
- Proficient working with details on a daily basis for prolonged periods of time.
- Ability to operate point-of-sale computer and calculator.
- Ability to perform mathematical calculations and handle cash.
Physical Demands & Working Conditions:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to:
- Reaching Forward Occasional (<33%)
- Climbing Stairs Occasional (<33%) (ft maximum height)
- Lifting Occasional (<33%) (lbs maximum weight)
- Reaching Overhead Occasional (<33%)
- Finger Dexterity Frequent (34-66%)
- Hand/Eye Coordination Occasional (<33%)
- Stooping Frequent (34-66%)
- Bending Frequent (34-66%)
- Standing Constant (>67%)
- Walking Constant (>67%)
- This job requires the visual ability to perform detailed work at close distances (computer screens, accounting ledgers, using measurement devices).
- This job regularly requires verbal communication of detailed information to others either by phone or in person.
- Must be able to speak and read the English language.
- Substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers (Repetitive motion).
- The position is subject to noise. There is sufficient noise to cause the worker to shout in order to be heard above ambient noise level.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule, including evening shifts during the week and varying hours on the weekends.
- Normal schedule includes hours ranging from 7AM-2PM and 4PM-9:30PM; weekends and holidays required.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Hershey Entertainment & Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer.