This position is a member of the Corporate Finance team and serves as a financial resource for management. This position is responsible for preparing journal entries, reconciling accounts, reviewing financial statements and analyzing financial results. Additionally, this position assists with budgeting and forecasting for select areas and performs special projects as needed.
Job Functions (Items marked with an asterisk are essential functions of this position):
- Record and report financial results, including accurate and timely preparation of monthly journal entries, financial statements, and balance sheet account reconciliations.*
- Analyze financial results and explain variances to both budget and prior year benchmarks. Assist management in identifying opportunities for financial improvement and cost reduction.*
- Evaluate revenue and expense trends, and report projected results to management. Assist in the compilation of forecasts and financial projections.*
- Coordinate the preparation of the annual budget for select areas to include design and management of budget schedules and comparison to current year and prior year activity. Present budget to management.*
- Serve as a financial liaison for select departments and actively participate in team meetings to share information and insights.
- Review selected monthly balance sheet account reconciliations and general ledger balances to ensure accuracy, completeness, proper classification and adequate review. Prepare summary of findings on a monthly basis.*
- Monitor and enforce compliance with applicable policies and procedures as well as approve Travel & Entertainment expense reports and purchase requisitions for select divisions.
- Complete special projects and prepare ad-hoc reports and analyses as requested.
- Minimum of 1 years of related experience.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint), Google Applications, and financial systems.
- Self-motivated, able to work independently with minimal direction, able to manage multiple priorities and deadlines, able to work as part of a team.
- Detail oriented and organized
- 18 years of age or older.
- Bachelor’s degree – Accounting, Business Administration, Financial Management
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including the ability to effectively communicate at various levels throughout the organization.
- Strong understanding of financial statements and demonstrated analytical skills
Physical Demands & Working Conditions
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to:
- Reaching Forward Occasional (<33%)
- Reaching Overhead Occasional (<33%)
- Finger Dexterity Constant (>67%)
- Hand/Eye Coordination Constant (>67%)
- Sitting Constant (>67%)
- This job requires the visual ability to perform detailed work at close distances (computer screens, accounting ledgers, using measurement devices).
- Must be able to speak and read the English language.
- Substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers (Repetitive motion).
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Hershey Entertainment & Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer