The position is responsible for assisting with the management of daily operations of convention center beverage, arrangements and banquet events. This position enforces banquet and beverage service standards across the operation.
Job Functions (Items marked with an asterisk are essential functions of this position):
- Provide direct supervision to the Assistant Beverage Manager; including training, coaching, scheduling, processing payroll and performance management.*
- Provide support to the Assistant Beverage Manager regarding group billings, requisitions, inventories, liquor orders, and pricing menu items.*
- Supervise beverage, arrangements and banquets employees; including scheduling, training, processing payroll, evaluating and enforcing service standards.*
- Rotate and assist in coverage with Convention Center Beverage, Banquets and Arrangements.*
- Act as a liaison with the Convention Services, General Kitchen, and Culinary departments.*
- Create and design decorative and creative buffet and hors d’oeuvres presentations in line with our standards.*
- Maintain positive employee and guest relations by anticipating needs and responding promptly to all requests.*
- Perform and Assist in the training of all beverage, arrangements and banquets employees in safety and sanitation according to S.O.P’s and Department of Health guidelines.*
- Perform other duties as assigned and participate in Manager on Duty rotation.
- Minimum of 2 years of Food & Beverage, Hospitality/Tourism or related experience.
- Minimum of 1 year supervisory experience.
- Must possess excellent written and oral communications skills
- Post-Employment – ServSafe RAMP
- Must have a valid Drivers' License
- Completion of high school or GED
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Delphi+ applications.
- Possess a strong knowledge of 4 and 5 star/diamond service standards as well as various styles of service.
- Excellent leadership, motivational and organizational skills.
- Must embody HE&R core values (Devoted to the Legacy, Selfless Spirit of Service, Team Focused, Respectful of Others)
- Skilled in conveying information and working within strict deadlines.
- Able to multi-task and react quickly and effectively to all service challenges.
Physical Demands & Working Conditions
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to:
- Reaching Forward
- Climbing Stairs Occasional (<33%) (ft maximum height)
- Lifting Occasional (<33%) (50lbs maximum weight)
- Reaching Overhead
- Finger Dexterity Frequent (34-66%)
- Hand/Eye Coordination Frequent (34-66%)
- Stooping Occasional (<33%)
- Bending Frequent (34-66%)
- Sitting Frequent (34-66%)
- Standing Frequent (34-66%)
- Walking Frequent (34-66%)
- This job requires the visual ability to perform detailed work at close distances (computer screens, accounting ledgers, using measurement devices).
- Must be able to speak and read the English language.
- Schedule will vary based on operational need, but does range from early mornings to mid shifts and late evenings. This will also include weekends and holidays.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Hershey Entertainment & Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer