This position is responsible for providing assistance to our guests through the dining reservation process.
This position is responsible for the proper recording and cashiering of dining checks and tips at The Circular at The Hotel Hershey, as well as making dining reservations for all dining outlets located at The Hotel Hershey.
In addition, this position will rotate into Room Service as a Cashier responsible for taking proper orders via telephone, relaying back, and confirming order with the guest prior to completion of the phone conversation.
- Functions include providing exemplary guest service
- Receiving and recording reservations via telephone, e-mail, and in person
- Working with Sales and Convention Services for outlet reservations
- Coordinating special memos for large parties.
- The Dining Reservation Agent will also make copies, fax information, and resolve guest issues.
- The Dining Reservation Agent will ensure updated information on all outlets is available at workstations and handle reservations for special events, including all holidays.
- Pricing checks accurately, according to guest consumption, meal plans, and sales package agreements
- Communicating with front desk and using computer system to correctly bill guests
- Recording tips and total earnings for employees and pay accordingly
- Cashiering checks in a timely manner, including counting money and handling change correctly;
- Explaining guest questions and discrepancies to wait staff; completing and balancing paperwork at the end of the shift, including determining deposit amount and safeguarding money
- Obtaining approval on credit cards used to pay bills
- Maintaining and ordering necessary supplies and money banks; and other duties as may be assigned.
- Answering phones in a timely manner
- Making dining reservations for The Circular, Trevi 5, and Harvest through Opentable
- Booking and charging of special events held at the Hotel Hershey
- A complete knowledge of menu and all related menu items
- A complete knowledge of the room service process to be able to direct the guest and answer any questions; an ability to complete fundamental mathematics
- Ability to function with the Point of Service System
- Ability to handle guest concerns and questions in a thorough and professional manner.
- The position is also responsible to complete other duties as assigned by management.
- Must be at least 18 years of age or older
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Ability to work efficiently in a high-volume, fast-paced environment.
- Familiarity with Windows-based software, Microsoft Word, and HSI.
- Professional image, representative of property image.
- Exceptional telephone skills.
- Ability to listen to guest effectively and resolve issues.
- Must be detail-oriented.
- Ability to concentrate and maintain organization in shared workplace and public space areas.
- Physical requirements include sitting (up to 100% of the shift), hearing, speaking, performing detailed work at close distances and finger dexterity.
- Schedule varies from 7 am – 9 pm including evenings, weekends and holidays.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Hershey Entertainment & Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer