Want to work with a great team!
Free admission to Hersheypark!
Opportunities for free Hersheypark tickets for friends and family!
This position will assist full time department managers in overseeing daily Employee Support functions focused on employee staffing, employee administration and call center operations at Hershey Entertainment Complex for the following departments; Attractions, Food & Beverage, Guest Experience, and Safety & Security. In this role, team members will be responsible for training, coaching and supervising a team of up to 15, during daily operations. This position will be a key leader within the team and serve in the capacity as a supervisor/manager on duty during many of the shifts. This position requires minimum weekly availability of three (3) days and 28 hours per week year round.
- Coordinate, oversee, and execute daily operations during shift to ensure team is following all approved SOPs (standard operating procedures), and provide department/operational managers and employees with exceptional service and timely responses
- Provide positive leadership and oversight to Employee Support operation team members; act in the capacity as a supervisor/manager on duty and be able to adapt to changing needs and opportunities
- Oversee new employee onboarding process, utilizing our new hire process and providing continuous feedback to managers on employees
- Provide oversight in handling a high volume of in-coming and out-going phone calls as well as greeting and assisting employees, parents, and department managers as it pertains to their employment, availability and schedules
- Provide training and coaching to team members utilizing scheduling and timekeeping software (Kronos) to ensure all procedures and processes are followed, ultimately ensuring employees are scheduled and paid correctly
- Identify, evaluate and resolve employee schedule and attendance opportunities by using past practice and approved guidelines; provide leadership and assist front office team diffuse challenges with team members and find positive outcomes for all involved
- Oversee the creation of daily staffing reports, which involves pulling information from scheduling systems and internal databases and sorting information within Microsoft Excel prior to disseminating the sheets to department managers
- Assist with the coordination of supplemental staffing programs; such as, volunteer program, and temporary staffing services
- Coordinate and facilitate interview sessions by maintaining accountability of all new hire information to ensure effective hiring practices and onboarding processes and participate in recruitment opportunities
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Minimum of three (3) years of supervisory or management experience
- Experience working in a professional office setting is preferred
- Experience onboarding and training new employees is preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and have the ability to quickly learn computer based applications
- Must have proven excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be innovative and be self-motivated to complete tasks
- Must be detail oriented with proven organizational skills
- Must have reliable, steady transportation to and from work
- Must display a positive attitude, eagerness to learn, and professional image in compliance with Hershey Entertainment & Resorts guidelines
- Must have the ability to safeguard confidential information
- Must have the ability to work without a conflict of interest
- Must be able to work flexible shifts and hours including days, evenings, nights, weekends (including both Saturday and Sunday), and holidays
- Shifts are typically scheduled for up to nine (9) hours in length; shift start times may be as early as 5:45AM and shift ending times may be as late as 1:30AM
- Must be able to work a minimum of three (3) days and 28 hours per week throughout the year; additional hours per week will be available during some weeks
- Physical requirements include standing, sitting, walking up and down up to two (2) flights of stairs, walking, lifting, and carrying a minimum of 20 pounds
- Typical shifts will occur mostly indoors; however, performing some duties; such as meeting volunteers or employees will require walking outside for periods of time in various weather conditions
Nothing in this job description restrict management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Hershey Entertainment & Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer