This position is responsible for assisting the Complex Hospitality Manager with operational and managerial support in the catering operations throughout the Hershey Entertainment Complex. The position will be responsible for the following but not limited to: guest satisfaction, menu development, food supply and production, staffing and staff development, financial performance in area of responsibility, coordinate catering logistics with sales team and full compliance with all Federal and State regulations.
Job Functions (Items marked with an asterisk are essential functions of this position):
- Supervise and facilitate catering operations for assigned area on the Entertainment Complex. Visit sights to monitor performance and ensure proper execution of catering agreements. Allocate staff and assist in preparing and maintaining catering outlets.*
- Monitor financial results for area of responsibility and evaluate trends, processes and productivity to ensure results are consistent with targeted goals and take corrective action when necessary.*
- Purchase necessary supplies in accordance with catering agreements. Partner with sales and other internal partners to understand event needs and ensure all catering events are properly supplied at all times.*
- Monitor guest communication and satisfaction levels and adjust and implement operating standards that support our vision of operating a premium hospitality venue.*
- Develop and implement training programs for seasonal staff. Once trained, continue directing, coaching and evaluating staff for effectiveness and efficiency.*
- Integrate processes with the assistance of the sales team to ensure understanding and fulfillment of client expectations.*
- Formulate and cultivate growth and development strategies for future enhancements in area of responsibility.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 2 years of related experience.
- Minimum of 1 year supervisory experience.
- 18 years of age or older.
- Post-Employment – Serv Safe Certified Ramp Trained TIPS Trained
- Must have a valid Drivers' License
- Associate’s degree – Hospitality Management
- Relevant work experience can be substituted for education – 3 years
- Industry Experience – Food & Beverage
- Skilled in the use of Microsoft Office applications, including Excel and Word.
- Knowledge of Resorts Suite & Delphi a plus
- Must be friendly, upbeat, and work well with other employees and be able to interact with guests .
- Effective communication skills and employee relation skills
- Must display a positive attitude, eagerness to learn, and professional image in compliance with the Hershey Entertainment & Resorts guidelines .
- Pre-Employment – NA
Physical Demands & Working Conditions:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to:
- Climbing Ladders Occasional (<33%)
- Reaching Forward Frequent (34-66%)
- Climbing Stairs Frequent (34-66%) (ft maximum height)
- Lifting Frequent (34-66%) (50lbs maximum weight)
- Reaching Overhead Frequent (34-66%)
- Finger Dexterity Frequent (34-66%)
- Hand/Eye Coordination Frequent (34-66%)
- Stooping Occasional (<33%)
- Bending Frequent (34-66%)
- Sitting Occasional (<33%)
- Standing Constant (>67%)
- Walking Constant (>67%)
- This job requires a good sense of vision (either corrected or uncorrected). Visual ability to operate moving equipment such as a car, truck, golf carts, etc.
- This job requires the visual ability to view work at distances of approximately 5 feet (operation and adjustment of machinery).
- This job requires the visual ability to perform detailed work at close distances (computer screens, accounting ledgers, using measurement devices).
- This job regularly requires verbal communication of detailed information to others either by phone or in person.
- Must be able to speak and read the English language.
- Substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers (Repetitive motion).
- The position is subject to extreme heat. Temperatures above 100° for periods of more than one hour. Consideration should be given to the effect of other environmental conditions, such as wind and humidity.
- The position is subject to extreme cold. Temperatures typically below 32° for periods of more than one hour. Consideration should be given to the effect of other environmental conditions, such as wind and humidity.
- The position is subject to both environmental conditions. Activities occur inside and outside.
- The position is subject to outside environmental conditions. No effective protection from the weather.
- The position is subject to environmental conditions. Protection from weather conditions but not necessarily from temperature changes.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Hershey Entertainment & Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer