This position is responsible for the organization’s cash/debt management functions, insurance and risk transfer programs, federal/state/indirect tax accounting and reporting, and accounting and budgeting for employee benefit programs. This position also leads the design, implementation and monitoring of related internal controls and the financial accuracy of results against key estimates/assumptions during the year. This position will also provide short and long term balance sheet/working capital modeling and recommendations to senior management.
Job Functions (Items marked with an asterisk are essential functions of this position):
- Direct activity related to revolving credit facility, SWAPS, Letters of Credit, cash, and taxable/tax-exempt private debt instruments. Includes making significant decisions about borrowings, repayments, working capital management, etc. Manage relationships with banking partners and other external advisors and parties. Manage special projects, including negotiation of revolving credit facility upon expiration. Establish and execute programs for the provision of the capital required by the business, including negotiating the procurement of capital and maintaining the required financial arrangements.*
- Provide strategic oversight for the company’s tax compliance. Establish and administer tax policies and procedures. Assist with federal and state tax provisions and returns. Provide data to the company’s outside tax advisors as needed to project taxable income and identify tax planning strategies. Oversee transactional taxes including sales and use, amusement, hotel occupancy, parking, and real estate.*
- Direct the execution of financial components of employee benefit/related payroll expense. Oversee financial components of budget for these expenses. Monitor actual results against key budget assumptions and resolve variances. Review reconciliation and analysis of complex actuarial reserves, like pension asset/liability, FAS 106, etc.*
- Lead the company's financial modeling for balance sheet account and working capital management, presenting results to executive leadership.*
- Manage the installation and maintenance of accounting technology systems.*
- Direct the purchased insurance and self-insurance reserve programs. Lead communication with broker, underwriters, and internal stakeholders. Lead annual review process and steer key decisions over the risk finance transfer strategy. Evaluate the company’s risk tolerance as provided for in the policies and endorsements.*
- Develop and manage appropriate balance sheet reserves measured against actuarial analysis and business developments. Review contractual obligations as they relate to the Company’s risk profile and insurance program and recommend language/structure/limits to improve the company’s position. Conduct reconciliation and analysis of complex actuarial insurance reserves and communicate with actuarial team on estimates.*
- Continuous reengineering to drive process efficiency.*
- Lead, coach, and develop team members.*
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 10 years of related experience.
- Minimum of 5 years of supervisory experience.
- Bachelor’s degree – Accounting, Financial Management, or related field
- Public Accounting experience preferred
- Certified Treasury Professional desirable
- CPA or MBA desirable
- Skilled in the use of Microsoft Office applications, including Excel and Word
- Demonstrated track record of process improvement
- Industry Experience to include Hospitality/Tourism preferred
Physical Demands & Working Conditions
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to:
- Finger Dexterity Constant (>67%)
- Hand/Eye Coordination Constant (>67%)
- Bending Never
- Sitting Constant (>67%)
- Standing Occasional (<33%)
- Walking Occasional (<33%)
- This job requires the visual ability to perform detailed work at close distances (computer screens, accounting ledgers, using measurement devices).
- Must be able to speak and read the English language.
- Substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers (Repetitive motion).
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Hershey Entertainment & Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer