Ride Operators are responsible for the safe and hospitable operation of all of the attractions at HersheyparkⓇ. This position is responsible for learning, retaining, and enforcing all departmental safety requirements, while creating a friendly and hospitable environment for all of our guests.
Positions are currently available for employees age 16 or older who are available to work throughout the fall for Hersheypark in the Darksm and Christmas Candylane® (October, November and December).
- Ride Operators may be required to do one or all of the following tasks depending on ride assignment:
- Safely operate rides by always remaining vigilant and aware
- Provide excellent customer service to the guests of the Hersheypark through greeting guests and answering questions related to the attraction
- Direct guests to and from ride area and assist in loading and unloading of rides, which can include lifting children into rides as needed
- Physically check safety restraints to ensure they are in the correct and locked position
- Comprehend written and verbal instructions, retain information, and consistently enforce all ride safety, park, and departmental policies including, but not limited to: enforcing the attraction height requirements and following all safety procedures
- Keep a safe and clean work area
- Provide safety speeches to guests by using a microphone
- Other job duties as assigned
- Must be 16 years of age or older on the day of application
- Must be friendly, upbeat, and work well with other employees and be able to interact with our guests in a fast paced environment
- Must have reliable transportation to and from work for your scheduled shifts
- Complete basic math without using a calculator
- Must be able to speak, write, and understand English
- Must have the ability to safeguard confidential information
- Must display a positive attitude, eagerness to learn, and professional image in compliance with the Hershey Entertainment & Resorts guidelines
- Must be able to work at least two (2) weekends per month from September through December
- Typical shifts will be from 8:30am to 4:30pm, 12:00pm to 8:00pm, and 3:45pm to one hour after park close (typically up to 11:00pm)
- Employees are subject to a variety of weather conditions, including but not limited to: extreme heat, sun exposure, cold, and inclement weather. Work is almost exclusively outdoors.
- Physical requirements would include ability to stand (for up to five hours at a time), walk, bend at the waist and knees and have repeated manual dexterity, and the ability to push, pull, and reach above shoulder level
- Must also be able to hold and use a height measuring stick to assess guests’ height for each attraction
- Requires lifting up to 35 pounds without assistance on a regular basis
*Candidates offered Rides positions will be required to complete pre-employment drug testing.
Does this seem like the perfect job for you? Apply by clicking below!
We’re excited to talk to you soon!
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Hershey Entertainment and Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer