Event Operations Crew members will perform a variety of tasks in the day-to-day operation of GIANT Center. This position will also provide support in the preparation of the venues for events throughout the Entertainment Complex including Hershey Theatre, HERSHEYPARK, HERSHEYPARK Arena, and HERSHEYPARK Staduim.
Event Operations Crew members may be required to do one or all of the following tasks:
- Maintain the ice surface at GIANT Center and HERSHEYPARK Arena
- Maintain the appearance of the public spaces and performer spaces at each venue
- Maintain support spaces as required
- Prepare space for use on performance days
- Receive deliveries and interact with contractors as required at each venue
- Provide coverage as facility representative for social rentals and non-ticketed events
- Maintain inventories of department supplies
- Setting up and removing chairs and/or tables before and after events
- Assisting with skating activities (public skating, skating parties, rink rentals, etc.).
- Assisting in other event requirements as needed
Must be 18 years of age or older
Must have a valid driver's license
- Familiarity with operational functions is a plus
- Ability to follow directions and work with limited supervision
- Must be friendly, upbeat, and work well with other employees and be able to interact with guests
- Must have reliable, steady transportation to and from work
- Must be able to speak, write, and understand English
- Must display a positive attitude, eagerness to learn, and professional image in compliance with the Hershey Entertainment & Resorts guidelines
- Must have the ability to safeguard confidential information
- Must be able to work flexible hours including days, evenings, weekends, and holidays
- The schedule requirement for this position includes a working schedule with a variety of shifts. Start and end times will vary depending upon event requirements.
- Must be able to work in combination of indoor and outdoor weather conditions
- Physical requirements include standing, bending, sitting, walking, and communicating
- During concert sound/lighting checks you may be exposed to loud volume/music and a variety of lighting levels
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. independently
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Hershey Entertainment & Resorts is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer