This position is responsible for assisting in the supervision and the administration of the food and beverage activities of the Bear’s Den and other outlets as assigned at the Hershey Lodge.
Job Functions (Items marked with an asterisk are essential functions of this position):
- Proactively monitor and suppor guest service and hospitality standards.*
- Uphold all safety, health and sanitation standards.*
- Supervise employees;hire, terminate, develop, schedule in order to maintain proper staffing levels at the restaurant.*
- Ensure the work and service areas are clean and organized; report and follow up on maintenance needs using the work order system; coordinate with support*
- Coordinate food and beverage training, including regular reviews and updates of standards.*
- Control reservations and seating of the restaurant to ensure service standards are maintained (where applicable), as well as the use of the Open Table reservation system.*
- Control labor and supply costs within budget regarding purchasing, labor, etc.*
- Complete inventories as needed or scheduled. Order and maintain par levels of product inventory.*
- Maintain knowledge of all food and beverage offerings, including, ingredients, allergens, methods of preparation, and proper service.*
- Ensure correct service and cash handling methods are used at all times by staff.*
- Cross train and support other food and beverage outlets as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 2 years of Food & Beverage or Hospitality/Tourism experience.
- 18 years of age or older.
- Minimum of 1 year supervisory experience.
- Completion of high school or GED
- Post-Employment – ServSafe, RAMP
- Demonstrated experience managing, coaching, and developing staff. Also administering disciplinary actions when needed.
- Basic computer skills in Microsoft Office, including Word and Excel.
- Knowledge and experience in POS system(s).
- Demonstrated ability to interface and interact professionally with managers, employees, and guests.
- Knowledge and use of service, labor and cost controls in food and beverage a plus.
- Leadership, team-building, motivation, and organizational skills.
Physical Demands & Working Conditions
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to:
- Reaching Forward Occasional (<33%)
- Climbing Stairs
- Lifting Occasional (<33%) (50lbs maximum weight)
- Reaching Overhead Occasional (<33%)
- Finger Dexterity Constant (>67%)
- Hand/Eye Coordination Constant (>67%)
- Stooping Frequent (34-66%)
- Bending Frequent (34-66%)
- Sitting Frequent (34-66%)
- Standing Frequent (34-66%)
- Walking Frequent (34-66%)
- This job requires the visual ability to perform detailed work at close distances (computer screens, accounting ledgers, using measurement devices).
- This job regularly requires verbal communication of detailed information to others either by phone or in person.
- Must be able to speak and read the English language.
- The position is subject to hazards. Includes a variety of physical conditions, such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, moving vehicles, electrical current, working on scaffolding and high places, exposure to high heat or exposure to chemicals.
- The position is subject to noise. There is sufficient noise to cause the worker to shout in order to be heard above ambient noise level.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Hershey Entertainment & Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer