Area Manager, Food & Beverage is responsible for managing all aspects of food & beverage service at any of following locations and directly managing 2-4 Assistant Managers.
- Fire & Grain – Experience the energetic and engaging atmosphere of Fire & Grain®, featuring gathering tables, a fire wall, and a full service bar. Enjoy an innovative breakfast and dinner menu of re-mastered comfort foods and cocktails perfect for breakfast with your family, dinner with friends, or cocktails with co-workers.
- Revelry Chop House – Revelry® Chophouse, Bar + Patio serves up classic and contemporary chophouse fare with premium cuts and the largest wine & spirits list in the house. Revelry is the perfect setting for a night out or, for guests of Hershey Lodge, a night in. Settle into our dining room, claim a stool at the bar, or venture out to the rooftop patio during the warmer months, and savor a spirited evening of fine food and drinks.
- The Bears’ Den – For families, sports fans, and guests of all ages, The Bears' Den offers a fun hockey-rink atmosphere modeled after the hometown team, the Hershey Bears. Enjoy classic American fare, over 39 HD TV's, and an enormous 7' x 12' HD video wall tuned in to all the sports action.
- Hershey Grill – The welcoming kitchen and bar at Hershey Grill feature seasonal menus with a fresh focus on culinary details and creative flavor combinations. Serving breakfast, lunch, and dinner, and featuring house-made sauces and specialties. Attire is resort casual.
Job Functions (Items marked with an asterisk are essential functions of this position):
- Interview, hire, schedule, train, and motivate staff. Ensure that all pre & post service line ups are executed daily.*
- Forecast revenue and expenses. Monitor and control labor and supply costs in order to optimize profit and adhere to budgets.*
- Provide hands on leadership on the floor and respond to customer concerns. Monitor service, guest satisfaction, and the correct flow of service in the restaurant.*
- Maintain expert knowledge of all restaurants within area of responsibility in order to effectively lead staff, uphold standards, and respond to guest questions and concerns.*
- Complete payroll information and monitor labor reports.*
- Order and maintain par levels of product inventory. Adjust par to forecast as needed.*
- Enforce sanitary practices for food handling and general cleanliness in order to maintain safety, health and sanitation standards.*
- Coordinate and lead food and beverage training, including regular reviews and updates of standard operating procedures.*
- Regularly communicate with Director of Restaurants and culinary partners to proactively manage and improve service standards, marketing strategies, guest comments/concerns and menus.*
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 4 years of Food & Beverage or Hospitality/Tourism or related experience.
- Minimum of 3 years of supervisory experience.
- 18 years of age or older.
- Completion of high school or GED
- Associate’s degree (preferred)
- Skilled in the use of Microsoft Office applications, including Excel and Word.
- Post-Employment – RAMP Training
- Post-Employment – ServSafe
Physical Demands & Working Conditions
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to:
- Reaching Forward Occasional (<33%)
- Climbing Stairs Occasional (<33%) (20ft maximum height)
- Reaching Overhead Occasional (<33%)
- Finger Dexterity Occasional (<33%)
- Hand/Eye Coordination Occasional (<33%)
- Stooping Occasional (<33%)
- Bending Occasional (<33%)
- Standing Constant (>67%)
- Walking Frequent (34-66%)
- This job requires a good sense of vision (either corrected or uncorrected). Visual ability to operate moving equipment such as a car, truck, golf carts, etc.
- This job requires the visual ability to perform detailed work at close distances (computer screens, accounting ledgers, using measurement devices).
- This job regularly requires verbal communication of detailed information to others either by phone or in person.
- Must be able to speak and read the English language.
- Substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers (Repetitive motion).
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Hershey Entertainment & Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer