This position is responsible for directing and maintaining food quality and presentation of meals in their assigned restaurant, and banquets as needed.
Job Functions (Items marked with an asterisk are essential functions of this position):
- Develop standard recipes and techniques for food preparation and presentation in order to provide consistently high quality food and to minimize waste. Establish portion sizes and assist in setting menu prices.*
- Train kitchen staff regarding food preparation, presentation, sanitation, and safety practices.*
- Order supplies and take inventory of food items in order to maintain adequate supply levels at all times. Verify that supplies are received in the correct amounts and that they are stored correctly.*
- Enforce and implement sanitation and safety practices in the kitchen to ensure all legal and Hotel standards are maintained.*
- Supervise food preparation; ensure that staff prepares menu items according to recipes and yield guidelines.*
- Establish and maintain a regular cleaning and maintenance schedule for all kitchen areas. Maintain equipment in good working order and submit regular service and repair requests.*
- Organize, schedule, and direct the work of kitchen staff to ensure that all kitchen functions are carried out efficiently and safely. Work on line during service and assist as needed.*
- Build menu plating guides, recipes, and other support materials to assist with training employees and to maintain consistency of kitchen output.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 2 years of Culinary/Food & Beverage related experience.
- 18 years of age or older.
- Associate’s degree
- Relevant work experience can be substituted for education – 4 years
- Industry Experience – Hospitality/Tourism
- Basic computer skills
- Proven leadership, motivation, communication, and organization skills
- Dedicated to professional development of yourself and your team
Physical Demands & Working Conditions
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to:
- Climbing Ladders Occasional (<33%)
- Reaching Forward Frequent (34-66%)
- Climbing Stairs Frequent (34-66%) (ft maximum height)
- Lifting Frequent (34-66%) (50lbs maximum weight)
- Reaching Overhead Frequent (34-66%)
- Finger Dexterity Constant (>67%)
- Hand/Eye Coordination Frequent (34-66%)
- Stooping Frequent (34-66%)
- Bending Frequent (34-66%)
- Sitting Frequent (34-66%)
- Standing Constant (>67%)
- Walking Constant (>67%)
- This job requires a good sense of vision (either corrected or uncorrected). Visual ability to operate moving equipment such as a car, truck, golf carts, etc.
- This job requires the visual ability to perform detailed work at close distances (computer screens, accounting ledgers, using measurement devices).
- Must be able to speak and read the English language.
- Substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers (Repetitive motion).
- The position is subject to hazards. Includes a variety of physical conditions, such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, moving vehicles, electrical current, working on scaffolding and high places, exposure to high heat or exposure to chemicals.
- The position is subject to both environmental conditions. Activities occur inside and outside.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Hershey Entertainment & Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer