This position is responsible for contributing to the achievement of sales targets by supporting sales manager and team members, coordinating and executing sales activities, and maintaining strong customer relationships.
Job Functions (Items marked with an asterisk are essential functions of this position):
- Assist sales managers with creation and distribution of sales documentation; create function agreements, pricing spreadsheets, booking files, and reports.*
- Assist sales manager with prospecting, including organizing and conducting outreach efforts by phone and email.*
- Assist sales managers with client relations and customer service throughout the selling process. Communicate with internal and external partners to ensure all customer needs are met.*
- Fulfill administrative duties for department including answering/referring telephone calls, including main line making copies, filing and other general administrative duties.*
- Order and manage inventory for office, including office supplies, promotional products and computer equipment.
- Organize special events for department; coordinate travel arrangements, schedule activities; arrange competitive analysis trips for sales managers.
- Assist sales managers in data capture and client tracking. Log and document sales inquiries and customer data. Follow up with potential customers.
- Assist with in-person customer care; greet clients on site when sales manager is unavailable; conduct property tours for prospective clients.
- Research and document competitor analysis data. Maintain database of all competitor analysis data to assist sales managers.
- Coordinate with Marketing and Public Relations to maintain a positive public image for the Hershey Resorts.
- Ensure marketing materials keep up with industry trends; assist with updates to The Hershey Meetings website.
- Arrange and coordinate client events, including Familiarization weekends (FAMs). Introduce and familiarize clients with Hershey Resorts facilities and amenities, book accommodations and activities, ensure a positive experience in order to facilitate future business.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 2 years of Sales/Marketing/Public Relations experience.
- 18 years of age or older.
- Must have a valid Drivers' License
- Associate’s degree
- 2 years of relevant work experience can be substituted for education
- Proficient use of Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Delphi.
- Effective guest relations, communication, time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Ability to work efficiently in a very high-volume, fast-paced environment.
Physical Demands & Working Conditions
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to:
- Reaching Forward Occasional (<33%)
- Climbing Stairs Occasional (<33%) (ft maximum height)
- Lifting Occasional (<33%) (lbs maximum weight)
- Reaching Overhead Occasional (<33%)
- Finger Dexterity Constant (>67%)
- Hand/Eye Coordination Constant (>67%)
- Bending Occasional (<33%)
- Sitting Frequent (34-66%)
- Standing Frequent (34-66%)
- Walking Frequent (34-66%)
- This job requires minimal visual requirements. Able to distinguish unlike items, detect motion, and distinguish color.
- This job requires a good sense of vision (either corrected or uncorrected). Visual ability to operate moving equipment such as a car, truck, golf carts, etc.
- This job requires the visual ability to view work at distances of approximately 5 feet (operation and adjustment of machinery).
- This job requires the visual ability to perform detailed work at close distances (computer screens, accounting ledgers, using measurement devices).
- This job regularly requires verbal communication of detailed information to others either by phone or in person.
- Must be able to speak and read the English language.
- Substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers (Repetitive motion).
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Hershey Entertainment & Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer