This position is responsible for the preparation of food in a clean, safe working environment, while assisting the chefs with managing other back of the house team members.
Job Functions (Items marked with an asterisk are essential functions of this position):
- Prepare food products ensuring that quality, portioning, plating, garnishing and service standards are maintained at all times.
- Assist in the training of the cooking staff on all key requirements including order processing, product preparation, portion control, plating, garnishing, quality and safety, ensuring that all staff satisfactorily perform all aspects of their assigned position.
- Monitor the application of all food safety and sanitation procedures including preparation, temping, rotation, hand washing, personal hygiene, and related processes to ensure complete compliance and safety of all food products.
- Ensure product quality by personally participating in and performing daily line checks and quality testing and ensuring adherence to all recipe standards.
- Provide menu support with the creation of new, innovative dishes to help drive a unique guest experience.
- Assist with ordering of product, inventory, waste reduction, and new systems for controlling product quality and shelf life.
- Collaborate and communicate with the Front of House and Back of House to ensure teamwork and high quality execution of product.
- Act as the supervisor in the absence of the manager by answering staff and guest questions/concerns, providing direction regarding job duties, and reporting performance concerns to the manager.
- Participate in the performance management process by providing part-time staff performance feedback to the manager.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Must be certified or be able to pass a ServSafe class (ServSafe Training – will be provided)
- Mimimum of 1 year of related experience, preferred
- Previous Food and Beverage experience, preferred
Physical Demands & Working Conditions:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to:
- Climbing Ladders Occasional (<33%)
- Reaching Forward Frequent (34-66%)
- Climbing Stairs Occasional (<33%) (50ft maximum height)
- Lifting Occasional (<33%) (50lbs maximum weight)
- Reaching Overhead Frequent (34-66%)
- Finger Dexterity Constant (>67%)
- Hand/Eye Coordination Constant (>67%)
- Stooping Constant (>67%)
- Bending Constant (>67%)
- Sitting Occasional (<33%)
- Standing Constant (>67%)
- Walking Constant (>67%)
- This job requires a good sense of vision (either corrected or uncorrected). Visual ability to operate moving equipment such as a car, truck, golf carts, etc.
- Must be able to speak and read the English language.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Hershey Entertainment & Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer