The purpose of the attractions supervisor is to manage part-time attractions’ processes and procedures within assigned area of responsibility in order to uphold service standards and meet daily business needs.
Job Functions (Items marked with an asterisk are essential functions of this position):
- Lead and direct team of attractions workers within assigned area. Assist Supervisory staff in attraction assignment, preparation, and training. Ensure proper staffing and that all employees have proper training and documentation each shift. Facilitate training as needed.*
- As needed, complete checklists, inspections, and any supporting documentation in accordance with Hersheypark policies and procedures.*
- Lead the safe and effective operation of their assigned attraction(s) or ride. Monitor employees and provide on the spot coaching and direction as needed. Monitor workflow and make work assignments to maintain operational capacity of the attraction.*
- Provide first line support for guest issues and escalate advanced issues as needed.*
- Act in assigned Attraction operational position, depending on level of experience or operational need (i.e. ride operator, lifeguard, Team Leader, etc.)*
- Communicate with direct supervisor on any staffing or other issues. Report trends, issues, or concerns*
- Assist in seasonal event set-ups and other themed projects as needed.*
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 1 years of related experience.
- Industry Experience – Amusement Park
- 18 years of age or older.
- Must have a valid Drivers' License
- Completion of high school or GED
Physical Demands & Working Conditions
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to:
- Climbing Ladders Never
- Reaching Forward Frequent (34-66%)
- Climbing Stairs Occasional (<33%) (ft maximum height)
- Lifting Occasional (<33%) (50lbs maximum weight)
- Reaching Overhead Frequent (34-66%)
- Finger Dexterity Frequent (34-66%)
- Hand/Eye Coordination Frequent (34-66%)
- Stooping Frequent (34-66%)
- Bending Frequent (34-66%)
- Sitting Occasional (<33%)
- Standing Constant (>67%)
- Walking Frequent (34-66%)
- This job requires the visual ability to view work at distances of approximately 5 feet (operation and adjustment of machinery).
- This job requires the visual ability to perform detailed work at close distances (computer screens, accounting ledgers, using measurement devices).
- Must be able to speak and read the English language.
- Substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers (Repetitive motion).
- The position is subject to noise. There is sufficient noise to cause the worker to shout in order to be heard above ambient noise level.
- The position is subject to extreme cold. Temperatures typically below 32° for periods of more than one hour. Consideration should be given to the effect of other environmental conditions, such as wind and humidity.
- The position is subject to both environmental conditions. Activities occur inside and outside.
- The position is subject to outside environmental conditions. No effective protection from the weather.
- The position is subject to environmental conditions. Protection from weather conditions but not necessarily from temperature changes.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Hershey Entertainment & Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer