This position is responsible for ensuring benefit program administrative compliance, preparing a variety of benefit calculations, ensuring data accuracy, and for the ongoing analysis of financial and utilization metrics. The Senior Benefits Analyst is responsible for leading a variety of assigned projects including, but not limited to, system enhancements, vendor changes and new program launches.
Job Functions (Items marked with an asterisk are essential functions of this position):
- Develop administrative policies and procedures to ensure compliance with federal, state, and local employee benefits regulations; prepare government and participant reporting; maintain knowledge of evolving benefit law; and recommend changes to programs and plans to minimize risk.*
- Develop, maintain, and execute a comprehensive annual strategic communication plan and supporting materials; continuously evaluate and update the plan as needed.*
- Conduct routine and ad hoc audits of employee eligibility ensuring that eligibility and enrollment is correct across both internal and external systems.*
- Monitor and analyze financial and utilization measures of health and welfare and retirement plan performance; identify areas of opportunity or significant variances.*
- Work collaboratively with finance and payroll staff to reconcile ongoing, mid-year, and year-end plan financials, plan contributions, and related funding issues.*
- Prepare and analyze health and welfare and/or retirement data for compliance testing; ensure testing deadlines are met and results clearly documented.*
- Participate in annual compliance filing processes by providing data, analyzing data, and submitting data as directed and within required deadlines.*
- Perform a variety of defined-contribution and defined-benefit retirement plan calculations as required by plan provisions.*
- Evaluate and compare employee benefit programs against the competitive landscape, evolving legislation, and internal business needs; make program recommendations for review by senior management; and lead the implementation of new programs or vendors as directed.*
- Lead a variety of other short-term projects as assigned.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 7 years of related experience.
- Bachelor’s degree – Accounting, Business Administration, Human Resources, Other, Other Related Field
- 9 years of relevant work experience can be substituted for education
- Foundational understanding of HCM system configuration, set-up, and functionality.
- Ability to interpret HCM and payroll systems data and apply to multiple aspects of benefit plan document language including eligibility, enrollment, transactions, plan rules, reporting requirements, audits, etc.
- Strong knowledge of ERISA rules and regulations as they apply to retirement and health and welfare plans and the ability to apply that knowledge to plan administration and compliance enforcement.
- Expert level Excel skills with the ability to create complex spreadsheets to analyze and audit data.
- Ability to communicate complex ideas effectively verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work collaboratively and successfully with a variety of internal and external individuals and groups to achieve goals and objectives.
Physical Demands & Working Conditions
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to:
- Finger Dexterity Constant (>67%)
- Hand/Eye Coordination Constant (>67%)
- Sitting Constant (>67%)
- This job requires the visual ability to perform detailed work at close distances (computer screens, accounting ledgers, using measurement devices).
- Substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers (Repetitive motion).
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Hershey Entertainment & Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer