This position is responsible for the operational and managerial support at multiple concession locations throughout our Entertainment Complex. By working closely with a team of Part Time Supervisors, the Concessions Area Manager will lead an operating staff of over 200 team members, monitor financial performance for concessions operations, adhere to federal and state compliance regulations for food safety, and help to provide sweet service to our guests.
Job Functions (Items marked with an asterisk are essential functions of this position):
- Move between assigned concessions outlets to monitor outlet performance and engage employees. Observe food service and identify potential issues relating to food safety, customer service, staffing, wait times, and more. Resolve issues through allocating staffing and resources in order to prevent problems from growing and spreading.*
- Identify training opportunities and make recommendations to F&B management and training teams in order to improve employee performance and engagement.*
- Monitor employee work and provide on the spot training, coaching, leadership, and instruction to F&B team members. Consistently model and demonstrate proper attitude and behavior to team members. Ensure that team is properly coached on how to do their job.*
- Provide formal leadership to a large team through effective direction, support, development, coaching, and evaluation. As needed, discipline employees while following all company protocols and disciplinary action plans, up to and including termination.*
- Monitor financial results for area(s) of responsibility and take corrective action as necessary. Review labor and other expenses to identify potential issues. Control expenses through effective staffing, waste monitoring, and resource management.*
- Understand menu offerings, presentations, and pricing for all assigned F&B outlets. Be an expert on all areas of food service within assigned area in order to demonstrate and coach employees to uphold company and brand standards.*
- Respond to and resolve customer complaints and issues. Ensure proper resolution in line with guest experience standards.*
- Evaluate food and beverage mix, monitor guest satisfaction and trends, adjust and implement operating standards that support the Hersheypark vision and mission.
- Assist in the development and set-up of special events and seasonal offerings.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 3 years of Food & Beverage experience.
- Minimum of 2 years supervisory experience.
- 18 years of age or older
- Must have a valid Drivers' License
- Completion of high school or GED
- Effective communication, connection, and employee relations skills
- Skilled in the use of computers and technology, Google Workspace, and Microsoft Office, including Excel and Word.
- Post-Employment – RAMP Certification Servsafe
- Must be friendly, upbeat, and work well with other employees and be able to interact with guests
- Experience working in fast paced food and beverage environment
- Familiarity with monitoring financial information including financial performance and revenue/expense management
- Must have the ability to safeguard confidential information
- Must be self-motivated to complete tasks and be able to multi task while prioritizing job tasks and assignments
Physical Demands & Working Conditions
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to:
- Reaching Forward Constant (>67%)
- Climbing Stairs Occasional (<33%) (ft maximum height)
- Lifting Frequent (34-66%) (25lbs maximum weight)
- Reaching Overhead Frequent (34-66%)
- Finger Dexterity Frequent (34-66%)
- Hand/Eye Coordination Frequent (34-66%)
- Stooping Frequent (34-66%)
- Bending Frequent (34-66%)
- Sitting Occasional (<33%)
- Standing Constant (>67%)
- Walking Constant (>67%)
- This job requires the visual ability to view work at distances of approximately 5 feet (operation and adjustment of machinery).
- This job requires the visual ability to perform detailed work at close distances (computer screens, accounting ledgers, using measurement devices).
- Must be able to speak and read the English language.
- Substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers (Repetitive motion).
- The position is subject to both environmental conditions. Activities occur inside and outside.
- The position is subject to outside environmental conditions. No effective protection from the weather.
- Schedule will vary according to operating needs, but will include days, evenings, weekends, and holidays
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Hershey Entertainment & Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer