The Director, Entertainment Programming will drive initiatives to secure events on the Entertainment Complex, while ensuring maximization of associated revenues, managing expenses and cultivating relationships. The Director will serve as event operations lead for events, manage all contract administration, provide venue availability and work collaboratively with departments to execute events efficiently. This position is also responsible for the constant and consistent evaluation of programming and venue strategies that will increase bookings at all venues on the Entertainment Complex. This person will report to the Assistant General Manager, Entertainment.
Job Functions (Items marked with an asterisk are essential functions of this position):
- Direct constant and consistent evaluation of programming and venue strategies that will increase bookings at all venues on the Entertainment Complex. Secure bookings at GIANT Center, Hersheypark Stadium and Hershey Theatre while keeping event budget front of mind. Develop and maintain relationships with agents, promoters and artist managers to promote Hershey as an Entertainment Destination.*
- Execute events from start to finish, collaborate with legal to create contracts in Cobblestone for all events, lead ticketing, marketing and event execution initiatives for events and review all financial settlements for events to ensure accuracy.*
- Serve as a Guest and Event Service Manager for Entertainment Programming and Execution, serve as MOD for the Entertainment Complex, serve as Event Manager as needed, serve as Lead in Guest Services as needed.*
- Participate in Weekly Event Meetings, biweekly Entertainment Meetings and quarterly Theatre advisory meetings.*
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 5 years of related experience in booking concerts and specials events
- Industry Experience – Hospitality/Tourism/Entertainment
- Experienced with Ticketmaster with an emphasis on ARCHTICS
- Bachelor’s degree
- Relevant work experience can be substituted for education – 6 years
- Must have a valid Drivers' License
- Skilled in the use of Microsoft Office applications, including Excel and Word
Physical Demands & Working Conditions
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to:
- Climbing Ladders Occasional (<33%)
- Reaching Forward Occasional (<33%)
- Climbing Stairs Occasional (<33%) (75ft maximum height)
- Lifting Occasional (<33%) (25lbs maximum weight)
- Reaching Overhead Occasional (<33%)
- Finger Dexterity Frequent (34-66%)
- Hand/Eye Coordination Frequent (34-66%)
- Stooping Occasional (<33%)
- Bending Occasional (<33%)
- Sitting Frequent (34-66%)
- Standing Frequent (34-66%)
- Walking Frequent (34-66%)
- This job requires a good sense of vision (either corrected or uncorrected). Visual ability to operate moving equipment such as a car, truck, golf carts, etc.
- This job requires the visual ability to perform detailed work at close distances (computer screens, accounting ledgers, using measurement devices).
- This job regularly requires verbal communication of detailed information to others either by phone or in person.
- Must be able to speak and read the English language.
- Substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers (Repetitive motion).
- The position is subject to noise. There is sufficient noise to cause the worker to shout in order to be heard above ambient noise level.
- The position is subject to both environmental conditions. Activities occur inside and outside.
- The position is subject to environmental conditions. Protection from weather conditions but not necessarily from temperature changes.
- Work shifts may involve long hours, depending upon event schedule and demands of the job responsibilities. Must be able to work a flexible schedule, including evenings, weekends and holidays, based on calendar of events.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Hershey Entertainment & Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer