The Event Technology Services Specialist is responsible for supporting, deploying and removing the technology for Hersheypark, Hersheypark Stadium, Giant Center and other scheduled events around the Entertainment Complex and Resort properties. Support includes but isn't limited to point of sale devices, credit card devices, PCs/laptops, printers, mobile devices, digital displays and Kiosks. During the events they will be the on-site support resolving incidents that are assigned to the team.
Job Functions (Items marked with an asterisk are essential functions of this position):
- Track the movement of equipment in and out of storage to ensure proper stock levels for requests by users.*
- As the primary on-site support, respond to and restore escalated user issues in accordance with Service Level Agreements. Seek help from other teams within the Information Technology department when necessary.*
- Receive and process purchases into our procurement system for new hardware and software.*
- Utilize the Endpoint Management system to reimage equipment, manage mobile devices, update software and track hardware.*
- Research and provide hardware and software quotes as necessary to fulfill user requests.*
- Serve as a technical resource for various projects that require help from the Event Technology Services team.*
- Follow, learn and update the Event Technology Services policies, procedures and standards*
- Assist with annual PC replacement and hardware refreshes.*
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 1 years of related experience.
- 18 years of age or older.
- Must have a valid Drivers' License
- Associate’s degree – Information Management, Information Systems, Information Technology
- Relevant work experience can be substituted for education – 1 years
- Knowledgeable in Windows OS, MacOS, iOS and Android operating systems
- Skilled in the use of Microsoft Office applications, including Excel and Word.
- Pre-Employment – Microsoft Certified Associate in Modern Desktop Administration or ITIL Foundation v4.0 or CompTia A+ (desired)
- Proficient working with details on a daily basis for prolonged periods of time.
- Willingness to adapt to an ever changing environment
- Normal work schedule is Monday through Friday (business hours), but based on operating needs must be able to work a flexible schedule including days, evenings, weekends and holidays. Required to be part of after-hours on-call support rotation for week long durations.
Physical Demands & Working Conditions
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to:
- Climbing Ladders Occasional (<33%)
- Reaching Forward Occasional (<33%)
- Climbing Stairs Occasional (<33%) (ft maximum height)
- Lifting Occasional (<33%) (50lbs maximum weight)
- Reaching Overhead Occasional (<33%)
- Finger Dexterity Occasional (<33%)
- Hand/Eye Coordination Occasional (<33%)
- Stooping Occasional (<33%)
- Bending Occasional (<33%)
- Sitting Occasional (<33%)
- Standing Occasional (<33%)
- Walking Frequent (34-66%)
- This job requires a good sense of vision (either corrected or uncorrected). Visual ability to operate moving equipment such as a car, truck, golf carts, etc.
- This job requires the visual ability to perform detailed work at close distances (computer screens, accounting ledgers, using measurement devices).
- This job regularly requires verbal communication of detailed information to others either by phone or in person.
- Must be able to speak and read the English language.
- Substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers (Repetitive motion).
- The position is subject to both environmental conditions. Activities occur inside and outside.
- The position is subject to outside environmental conditions. No effective protection from the weather.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Hershey Entertainment & Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer