This position is responsible for planning and coordinating social and recreational activities and sporting events for The Hotel Hershey.
Applicants do not need to be previously certified lifeguards to apply; training for the position will be conducted by the Hershey Resort Properties through the International Pool and Lifeguard Training Program (Jeff Ellis & Associates). Applicants that are currently certified through American Red Cross or other Certification programs, are eligible to apply.
This position may provide care, supervision, guidance, or control of children or may have regular, ongoing contact with children that is integral to the responsibilities of the position. As a result, in accordance with Pennsylvania's Child Protective Services Law, newly hired candidates are required to obtain the following clearances: a report of criminal history from the Pennsylvania State Police (PSP), Child Abuse History Clearance from the Department of Human Services (Child Abuse), and Fingerprint-based federal criminal history submitted through the Pennsylvania State Police or its authorized agent (FBI). Completed clearances are required to be submitted prior to starting employment.
- Functions include overseeing activities, pool, and childcare, skate area, and sports complex.
- Assisting with hiring, training, scheduling, and evaluation of staff.
- Monitoring equipment and supplies.
- Developing and assisting with special events and themed weekends.
- Maintaining proper water conditions in swimming pools.
- Conducting and attending meetings.
- Assist with lifeguarding activity and childcare shifts.
- Must be at least 18 years of age or older.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Two (2) years experience in a recreation setting including pool maintenance.
- Current Ellis Lifeguarding, CPR and First Aid Certifications OR Willingness and ability to obtain the Certifications listed above.
- Water Safety Instructor, a plus.
- Lifeguard Instructor Certification, a plus.
- College Degree in Recreation, preferred.
- Must be able to obtain Pesticide applicators license and CPO/AFO certifications within 90 days of employment
- Proven employee/guest relations, problem solving, and organization skills.
- Professional image representative of property image.
- Physical requirements include complete mobility and good physical conditioning, good hearing and vision, and ability to tolerate heat.
- Must be able to lift a maximum of 50 lbs.
- Schedule varies according to operational needs, but includes evenings, weekends, and holidays. Normally, early shift begins at 6:00 a.m. and the late shift ends at 11:00 p.m.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Hershey Entertainment & Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer