This position is responsible for the professional, courteous greeting and serving of food and beverage to guests at The ChocolatierSM
Job Functions (Items marked with an asterisk are essential functions of this position):
- Properly prepare and serve all alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks according to brand specs and menu description.*
- Maintain a clean work and dining area by removing trash, cleaning tables, and washing glasses, utensils, and equipment.*
- Greet customers, take orders, and enter orders into POS system. Use menu knowledge to answer questions, offer suggestions, and anticipate guest needs.*
- Understand and following all food safety regulations set by the Department of Agriculture.*
- Understand and follow all state alcohol service standards and guidelines. Visually assure age identification is legitimate.*
- Operate the point of sale system, handle cash, credit, and debit card transactions. Ensure charges are accurate and return correct change to patrons and balance the cash register.*
- Deliver excellent customer service to each client and monitor patrons to ensure satisfaction with service. Maintain a safe environment by identifying problem clients and having them removed.*
- Take inventory and order supplies to ensure bar and tables are well-stocked.*
- Perform all aspects of opening and closing procedures.*
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Preferred experience of one (1) or more years of related industry experience
- Post-Employment – RAMP Certification
Physical Demands & Working Conditions
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to:
- Climbing Ladders Occasional (<33%)
- Reaching Forward Frequent (34-66%)
- Climbing Stairs Occasional (<33%) (ft maximum height)
- Lifting Frequent (34-66%) (50lbs maximum weight)
- Reaching Overhead Frequent (34-66%)
- Finger Dexterity Frequent (34-66%)
- Hand/Eye Coordination Frequent (34-66%)
- Stooping Frequent (34-66%)
- Bending Constant (>67%)
- Sitting Occasional (<33%)
- Standing Constant (>67%)
- Walking Constant (>67%)
- This job requires a good sense of vision (either corrected or uncorrected). Visual ability to operate moving equipment such as a car, truck, golf carts, etc.
- Must be able to speak and read the English language.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Hershey Entertainment & Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer