This position is responsible for supporting the restaurant food service by performing a range of tasks including preparing tables, serving orders, explaining meals, and facilitating collaboration between kitchen and wait staff.
Job Functions (Items marked with an asterisk are essential functions of this position):
- Deliver food orders to customers in a timely manner; safely lift and carry trays, plates, and glasses from the kitchen to the dining room tables.*
- Help the wait staff set up tables by placing appropriate tableware, eating utensils, decorations, and napkins.*
- Occasionally check on customers to handle any impromptu requests or issues.*
- Provide secondary service, serve water to guests and refill beverage glasses as needed, and remove dirty dishes from the table.*
- Help ensure food safety regulations are being followed as stated by the Department of Agriculture.*
- Help maintain dining room and rest-room cleanliness.*
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Physical Demands & Working Conditions
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to:
- Climbing Ladders Occasional (<33%)
- Reaching Forward Frequent (34-66%)
- Climbing Stairs Occasional (<33%) (ft maximum height)
- Lifting Constant (>67%) (50lbs maximum weight)
- Reaching Overhead Frequent (34-66%)
- Finger Dexterity Occasional (<33%)
- Hand/Eye Coordination Occasional (<33%)
- Stooping Frequent (34-66%)
- Bending Constant (>67%)
- Sitting Occasional (<33%)
- Standing Constant (>67%)
- Walking Constant (>67%)
- This job requires a good sense of vision (either corrected or uncorrected). Visual ability to operate moving equipment such as a car, truck, golf carts, etc.
- Must be able to speak and read the English language.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Hershey Entertainment & Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer