"For internal applicants, the internal posting period for this position is 3/19/21 through 03/26/21."
Ensuring that high levels of cleanliness are maintained at The Hotel Hershey and Woodside Cottages. Completing daily room assignments within an eight hour shift. Provide exceptional customer service to our guests making them feel welcome while staying with us.
This position participates in the post-offer employment testing program.
- Responsible for cleaning all guest rooms and areas (including but not limited to: porches, vestibules, great rooms, living areas, etc) while maintaining all items in good repair at The Hotel Hershey and Woodside Cottages.
- Cleaning assigned rooms/areas, replenishing linens and supplies.
- Reporting any damaged or missing items; reporting and turning in all lost/found items
- Calling to have light bulbs replaced.
- Stocking linen cart for the next work shift.
- Maintaining upkeep of linen closets.
- Reporting unsafe conditions or acts to a direct supervisor; making up cots and cribs.
- Returning room service items to proper location; assisting with the training of new Guest Room Attendants.
- Performing other duties as may be assigned.
- Must be at least 18 years of age or older.
- Professional guest service attitude, well-groomed, professional appearance, and self-confidence.
- Self-motivated and capable of working alone.
- Ability to clean 14 or more credits within a specified period of time.
- Ability to understand and communicate instructions, both written and verbal.
- Ability to operate standard cleaning equipment such as a vacuum cleaner.
- Must have the visual ability to meet our very high cleaning standards.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
- Normal working hours are 8AM-4:30PM, 8:30AM-5PM or 9AM-5:30PM; Monday thru Sunday; working weekends and holidays are required.
- Proper footwear to be provided by employee.
- Considerable walking and pushing/ pulling of linen carts is required.
- Ability to safely use chemicals in and around the work place meeting OSHA standards.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Standing, walking, bending, kneeling, handling, stooping, reaching, lifting and repetitive motions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required toConstantly (67 – 100% of time)
- Stand, Walk, Reach forward, and Balance
- Frequently (34 – 66% of time)
- Lift (0-20 lbs), Push (0-10 lbs), Pull (0-10 lbs), Stoop, Kneel, Crouch, Handle Objects, Grasp and Operate controls
- Occasionally (1 – 33%)
- Lift (21 – 50 lbs), Carry (11 – 50 lbs), Push (11 – 20 lbs), Pull (11 – 20 lbs), Climb Stairs, Reach Overhead, and Crawl
- This is a union position and the work schedule will be based on union seniority. Candidates must be able to meet scheduled requirements, which will most likely require evening and weekend hours.
Hershey Entertainment & Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer