This position is responsible for directing the maintenance activities of all buildings, underground utilities, grounds and other facilities on the Entertainment Complex.
Job Functions (Items marked with an asterisk are essential functions of this position):
- Direct the maintenance activities of all buildings, underground utilities, grounds and other facilities on the Entertainment Complex and as assigned. Establish standards for the physical appearance and maintenance of buildings and grounds to ensure facilities are clean, functional, and available to guests.*
- Lead the buildings and grounds maintenance team with effective supervision, delegation of work, coaching, and staffing. Identify department specific training needs and deploy training as needed to ensure team remains current on industry trends and best practices.*
- Direct the planning and implementation of short, medium and long-term repair & maintenance activities in Buildings & Grounds Maintenance. Align projects with operational goals for guest safety and satisfaction. Effectively prioritize work and communicate project requirements to staff.*
- Develop and implement an effective preventative maintenance program to keep buildings and grounds operational and to minimize long-term repair costs. Monitor flow and quality of work to assure timely completion of assignments and adherence to facility standards and regulations.*
- Create operational policies and procedures to ensure compliance with all applicable codes and laws such as OSHA, ASTM, Building Codes, NFPA, etc. Oversee proper documentation and identify opportunities for process improvement.*
- Coordinate with Maintenance Administration in the use of computerized maintenance management system (CMMS) to manage the inspection and maintenance program of buildings, utilities and grounds for assigned facilities. Provide department specific compliance and regulatory information to be logged in the CMMS.
- Align, coordinate and maintain positive relationships with other complex departments and corporate entities. Use advanced knowledge and expertise to effectively communicate maintenance needs, liability concerns, and recommendations to stakeholders.*
- Serve as primary department point of contact with Event department leadership and coordinate event support efforts provided by Buildings and Grounds Maintenance throughout the Entertainment Complex and as assigned. Partner with event staff to understand their needs and effectively deploy staff to aid in event setup and execution.
- Orchestrate snow removal operations, primarily walkways and adjacent to buildings. Coordinate with other snow removal entities as needed. Effectively prioritize snow removal to meet all operational needs.*
- Coordinate with Maintenance Administration on tracking and reporting of maintenance financial information and create and manage the maintenance budgets for assigned facilities.
- Serve as a Department and Park Manager on Duty (MOD) and perform other duties as assigned.*
- Minimum of 10 years of Construction/Maintenance or Manufacturing experience.
- Minimum of 5 years of supervisory experience.
- 18 years of age or older.
- Bachelor’s degree – Construction & Carpentry, Electrical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Mechanical Engineering
- Industry Experience – Hospitality/Tourism (preferred)
- Skilled in the use of Microsoft Office applications, including Excel and Word.
- Proficient working with details on a daily basis for prolonged periods of time.
- Knowledge of technical aspects of plumbing, carpentry, electrical systems and working knowledge of machines and equipment.
- Post-Employment – Ability to become a PA Certified Ride Inspector
Physical Demands & Working Conditions
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to:
- Climbing Ladders Occasional (<33%)
- Reaching Forward Occasional (<33%)
- Climbing Stairs Frequent (34-66%) (300ft maximum height)
- Lifting Occasional (<33%) (50lbs maximum weight)
- Reaching Overhead Occasional (<33%)
- Finger Dexterity Frequent (34-66%)
- Hand/Eye Coordination Occasional (<33%)
- Stooping Occasional (<33%)
- Bending Occasional (<33%)
- Sitting Frequent (34-66%)
- Standing Frequent (34-66%)
- Walking Frequent (34-66%)
- This job requires a good sense of vision (either corrected or uncorrected). Visual ability to operate moving equipment such as a car, truck, golf carts, etc.
- This job requires the visual ability to view work at distances of approximately 5 feet (operation and adjustment of machinery).
- This job requires the visual ability to perform detailed work at close distances (computer screens, accounting ledgers, using measurement devices).
- This job regularly requires verbal communication of detailed information to others either by phone or in person.
- Must be able to speak and read the English language.
- Substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers (Repetitive motion).
- The position is subject to atmospheric conditions. One or more of the following conditions that affect the respiratory system of the skin: fumes, odors, dust, mists, gases, or poor ventilation.
- The position is subject to hazards. Includes a variety of physical conditions, such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, moving vehicles, electrical current, working on scaffolding and high places, exposure to high heat or exposure to chemicals.
- The position is subject to noise. There is sufficient noise to cause the worker to shout in order to be heard above ambient noise level.
- The position is subject to extreme heat. Temperatures above 100° for periods of more than one hour. Consideration should be given to the effect of other environmental conditions, such as wind and humidity.
- The position is subject to extreme cold. Temperatures typically below 32° for periods of more than one hour. Consideration should be given to the effect of other environmental conditions, such as wind and humidity.
- The position is subject to both environmental conditions. Activities occur inside and outside.
- The position is subject to environmental conditions. Protection from weather conditions but not necessarily from temperature changes.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Hershey Entertainment & Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer