The Culinary Supervisor position will report to the Executive Sous Chef and will assist at GIANT Center and throughout the entire Entertainment Complex with overseeing the culinary kitchen operations, ordering items and managing inventory, creating and maintaining event orders, and assisting with general supervision of part time Culinary staff. The Entertainment Complex consists of HERSHEYPARK (including ZooAmerica), HERSHEYPARK Stadium, HERSHEYPARK Arena, GIANT Center and Hershey Theatre.
This is a part time year round position. The work schedule may include evenings, weekends, and holidays based on operational needs.
- Assist in the development and maintaining of dining plans, kitchen guidelines, food safety and handling procedures, and food presentation techniques
- Create and ensure kitchen and catering event orders are updated for each event to include; food items, staffing requirements, and any special needs
- Assist with communicating staffing requirements in preparation for scheduling and acting as a liaison when updates are needed
- Assist with receiving and storing food items and supplies.
- Assist with inventory management; to include, rotating stock, counting, and adhering to standard par levels
- Assist within the operations with delivery of food items and supplies
- Enter and modify standardized recipe forms
- Other job related duties as assigned
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Must have at least one year of restaurant cooking or baking experience
- Must have a least one year of supervisory experience
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Culinary or Pastry Arts degree preferred (Associates or Bachelors)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and have the ability to quickly learn computer based applications
- Must have proven excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be self-motivated to complete tasks
- Must be detail orientated with proven organizational skills
- Must have reliable, steady transportation to and from work
- Must display a positive attitude, eagerness to learn, and professional image in compliance with Hershey Entertainment & Resorts guidelines
- Must be able to work flexible shifts, including; days, evenings, nights, weekends (including both Saturday and Sunday), and holidays
- Must be able to work a minimum of 35 hours per week (additional hours up to approximately 50 hours per week may be available during some weeks)
- Physical requirements include standing (for a majority of the shift), sitting, walking and lifting a minimum of 25 pounds unassisted and 50 with assistance
- Regular outside work in various weather conditions is required (including extreme heat, sun exposure, cold, and other inclement weather)
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Hershey Entertainment & Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer