This position is responsible for greeting guests, seating guests and coordinates reservations within dining room areas of Devon Seafood + Steak.
This is a part-time year round position. The working schedule for this position may include days, evenings, weekends, & holidays based on operational needs.
- Open the doors as guests enter the restaurant, when possible.
- Verbally greet guests immediately upon entering the restaurant.
- Seat guests at tables in a friendly and timely manner.
- Complete wait sheets accurately.
- Complete table count sheets accurately.
- Answer the telephone.
- Meet guests' needs by providing pertinent information about the restaurant, menu items, and surrounding area.
- Thank guests as they are leaving.
- Use specified techniques to satisfy unhappy guests.
- Open doors for guests as they exit the restaurant.
- Handle to-go orders on an as needed basis.
- Maintain guests' needs throughout their dining experience by assisting servers with pre-bussing procedures.
- Use sanitizing solution to wipe down tables, chairs, booths, table base to assist servers.
- Sweep floor area around table to assist servers as needed.
- Reset using designated silverware, napkins, and condiments to assist servers as needed.
- Stock all items on Front Desk Checklist
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- As a member of the team, a host should know and follow policies and procedures and have strong interpersonal skills that would enable him/her to verbally communicate in a positive manner with co-workers, guests, and the general public.
- Able to see at a distance (20 feet) , at close range (12 inches), distinguish between shapes, and utilize peripheral vision to avoid potential hazards.
- Able to hear in one or both ears so that verbal communication can be received, understood, and acted upon.
- Able to read, wrote, and perform addition/subtraction calculations.
- Able to control and utilize fingers to write.
- Able to bend, handle, carry, lift, reach, wipe, climb, stoop.
- Able to walk and stand for up to 8 hours.
- The working schedule for this position will include a flexible schedule including days, evenings and weekends.
- Exposure to chemicals.
- Physical requirements include standing (up to 100% of shift), walking, bending, stooping, hearing, speaking and finger dexterity.
- The ability to communicate effectively in a loud environment.
- Ability to work a flexible eight-hour shift according to operational needs, including weekends and holidays.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Hershey Entertainment & Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer